Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just need a quick question answering

I currently have the in dash 6 cd changer and tape deck, If i remove the tape deck and replace it with a aftermarket mp3 etc HU, will i still be able to use the cd changer ?

Thanks in advance

adz

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's a shame that's a question that I kept meaning to ask. I wanted a Becker Mexico pro and to keep the in dash changer because it looks better than a cubby, oh well cubby it'll have to be then.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Im sure that a Becker would work with the cd-changer as they have the same connections as the vw units.

Buy one online and if it doesn't work, send it back under the distance selling regs!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Does that mean that the Becker Grand Prix 7995 will work with it?

If so then im gonna order myself up one.

I e-mailed Caraudiodiscount.com sales and asked them if it would be compatable and they said:

"The radio fits but it will not connect to the CD changer"

So what do i do now? im all confused [:|]

·
Registered
615 Posts
Right i just e-mailed Becker direct and this is what they replied:

Your cd changer is a so-called OEM-product for Volkswagen. It is not possible to attach existing components to commercial devices or to attach to original devices commercial components.

For further information please contact your Volkswagen distributor.

Does that mean no i cant connect my 6 cd in dash player to this then?

Someone must have tried this surely...!?

[:(]

·
Registered
615 Posts
This changer uses the same connection as the VW one as I bought the extension lead that they offer with it for my in dash. So conetact them and see if it will work with that one.

You could buy a blaupunkt model head unit?

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/idc_a09.asp
Sorry mate i dont understand...

Are you saying that you have a 6CD in dash player aswell and you have bought an extension lead to make it work with this Becker Head Unit?

Sorry, its monday after all [:S]

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
No!

I bought the lead for the blaupunkt changer to fit onto my vw one and Sat nav MFD.

Phone your company up and ask if the Becker will work with the Blaupunkt IDCA09 which is the same connection as the vw changer!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ah right... so the Blaupunkt IDCA09 will work with my Gamma HU then?

And if it Becker say that it will fit, are you saying that i can use my VW changer with the becker HU?

·
Registered
137 Posts
has anyone got any further with this? I'd like a better stereo but keep the in dash changer, ideally with a becker headunit

·
Super Moderator
50,210 Posts
With all the hassle involved,why not just buy yourself something like a Becker MP3 player that will be much better quality than any OEM Veedub unit,and will have a far greater capacity than the indash CD changer can ever have?

Chris.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I wanted that, but bit the bullet and bought a Sony MP3. Its quality holds more albums than the OEM 6 cd. Now instead I've got a new cubby. Looked strange for about a week but I'm used to it now.

Best thing was nearly bought one off ebay but decided to go to my local stealer they gave me it for free!

Cheers VW

The sound quality has also improved.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
With all the hassle involved,why not just buy yourself something like a Becker MP3 player that will be much better quality than any OEM Veedub unit,and will have a far greater capacity than the indash CD changer can ever have?

Chris.
EXACTLY!!! i totally agree, pictures prove it.....

for manual aircon you want this....

Posted Image

and at night....

Posted Image

for climacontrol you want this.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

and at nite...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and like ImageWerx said, you can have 150 odd tracks on one CD!!!!!!

i leave the face on all the time too!

GET BECKER!!!!

dedicated IPOD compatible too!

new ones have bluetooth for your phone and you can get sat nav too!

i'm a becker fan!

jammy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Is that blue-lit Becker that different in colour to the standard blue dash lights or is that just a trick of the photo?
its more like the first picture of it at night, but it is slightly lighter than the VW dash blue.

the older Becker is closer colour but not as smart!

jammy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts