Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

is it possable to swap a 5 speed to a 6 speed on my golf? i have found loads of tdi's doing this but no 1.8t. if it is possable what box would i need?

thanks for your time

Chris W

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished this swap in my 2000 Golf GTI 5 speed 02J transmition to a 6 speed 02M

-6 Speed transmition $500.00

-Shifter box plus the mount that bolts to the transmition to hold the shifter cables (buy new retaining clips for the cables $325.00

-New axles for a 6 speed VW $149.00 X 2

-Clutch / Flywheel / Pressure plate / Release bearing (plus all bolts) for a 6 speed ( I bought a stage 2 form South Bund ) all came in a kit $1400.00

-New hydraulic line from the master cylinder to slave cylinder on the 6 speed (VW part only) $140.00

-New starter for a VW 6 speed

-New end for reverse censor on car wiring harness ( you will need to cut the old one off and connect the new one $30.00

-New end for speed censor on you car wiring harness ( you will need to cut the old one off and connect the new one $70.00

All motor mounts are the same ( But have different bushings in them I'm guessing for the higher torque in the 24 valve VR and 180hp 1.8T) I did not replace mine but the cost is about $100.00 a mount

1 - 5 of 5 Posts