Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mod is for the installations which use Audi 361 relay for power folding extarior mirrors.

So according to next diagram i made the mirrors folding by original mirror switch and also by remote control.

It needs modification to mirror switch and also needs a vw relay 79 or 206

Posted Image

Also the mirror switch interior needs this modification:

Posted Image

and the other side

Posted Image

Posted Image

The mirror switch must have the extra position for folding mirrors

After this transformation needes to reverse the two cables goes to exterior mirror folding motors and the results to next video

Any question fell free to ask me

Nick

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Might try this when I install my power folding mirrors [8-|]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Errrrmmmmmm......where do we get the folding mirrors from?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Golf-4-Bora-R32-Jubi-GTI-Aussenspiegel-Spiegel-Anklappbar-elektrisch-L041-/111014080802?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make%3AVW&hash=item19d8f47122

Buy those,they also have memory function

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Errrrmmmmmm......where do we get the folding mirrors from?
Or you can find from seat leon / toledo / skoda superb /passat 3b-3bg , keep the motors and swap them to your mirror bases.

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Chris if you go for power folding mirrors, you'll also need the multiplex modules that match the CCM (1J0 or 1C0) for driver & passenger doors.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Might try this when I install my power folding mirrors
You can try it and if you have any question fell free to ask me.Anyway , you have done wonderfull work to your power folding mirrors.
Well Done.!.!

·
Super Moderator
50,216 Posts
Chris if you go for power folding mirrors, you'll also need the multiplex modules that match the CCM (1J0 or 1C0) for driver & passenger doors.
That's what I was about to ask.But..............I didn't know any UK spec mark 4s came with power folding mirrors?

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Might try this when I install my power folding mirrors
You can try it and if you have any question fell free to ask me.Anyway , you have done wonderfull work to your power folding mirrors.
Well Done.!.!
Thank you, if I have any questions I will ask!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what I was about to ask.But..............I didn't know any UK spec mark 4s came with power folding mirrors?
In my country only seat leon/ toledo 20v or 20vt comes factory with power seats and power folding mirrors. This was good for golf 4 owners..!..!.!..! all those parts fit perfect to our cars

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Depends on the CCM Chris, if its 1J0 then Leon/Toledo will work, passat modules would work too.

If your going to be putting them in the future 'R', I'd imagine you'll need 1C0 versions being as its a later year production MK4.

It wouldn't be too hard to work out what ones you'd need by doing a bit of research on ETKA & finding them on ebay, I would be glad to help after all the help you have given over the years.

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Ok thanks,so the Seat ones bolt straight on without any hacking do they?
Yes Seat ones are exactly the same as MK4 & just bolt on.

Worst case scenario is you would need to transplant the internal PCB from Passat modules into MK4 casing.

The following part no.s are taken from a thread on tdiclub - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=61943

Window motors,

Drivers 1C0 959 801B (Just checked ETKA & confirmed ok for RHD UK spec)

Passenger 1C0 959 802C (as above)

Newer style mirror control knob with folding mirror control: 1J1 959 565 A

After doing my own research for 1J0 versions I've used:

Drivers 1J0 959 802 F

Passenger 1J0 959 801 G

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,444 Posts
Hi Nick ... great mod !

I have a question....I have the power window switch which I can mod as per your diagram [Y]

However, I presume that any other type of switch that can send an earth on/off signal to relay (79) coil terminal 85 (in your diagram) will also output an earth signal to relay 361 and therefore fold the mirrors in and out ? (So, I could also connect one of the switches on my steering wheel as they send out an earth pulse) ?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Nick ... great mod !

I have a question....I have the power window switch which I can mod as per your diagram

However, I presume that any other type of switch that can send an earth on/off signal to relay (79) coil terminal 85 (in your diagram) will also output an earth signal to relay 361 and therefore fold the mirrors in and out ? (So, I could also connect one of the switches on my steering wheel as they send out an earth pulse) ?
Sure Patric, you can do it. you can use any switch you want....I wonder what you have into your mind.......

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,444 Posts
[:)] ... Well just to connect one (or both) of the spare + / - icon buttons on my RS4 wheel so that I can fold them easily straight from there (for example when driving down a narrow lane)

Just to elaborate on my question ......... do you know what a 'temporary' earth pulse signal to the relay would do? Would it allow the mirrors to fold all they way or would they unfold as soon as the earth signal was removed. ? ............ just trying to figure out whether to use just the earth pulse direct from the steering wheel button or run the signal through a latching relay so that the earth signal output is permanent on or off.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts