Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed this last year, but will be there this year. Looking at this photo from last years show...

Posted Image

Is that where everyone going to the show parks, or is that just for show 'n' shine entrants?

Is there an area for all forum members or just a stand for a few of the better examples?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I've got a ticket for this! I went last year too it was an excellent show! I'm hoping my car'll be done in the hope of displaying on the stand this year *cough* Tabs ;o)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not a chance Pat, only the good cars make the stand[:p] Joking matey
Ouch! Take that! Lol's,just as well we're all friends here John. Wouldnt mind putting mine on the stand,but not sure if i could manage to get out of bed early enough at the weekend! lol's. Paul.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yeah i was waiting for a slap but Pat knows i love his car anyway.

To get on the stand last year i think you had to be there for 9am, no chance for you then lol

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Not a chance Pat, only the good cars make the stand[:p] Joking matey
why ya cheeky... *shakes fist* :eek:P :eek:P

seriously though I reckon this is the best VW show in the North - let's pray the weather's same as last year!!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sooo..............in answer to my original question??
I think this pic was taken at the end of the show. I cant see the forum stand, tent lol

As for the parking, i was parked top right of pic but most of the parking is off pic to the left, middle of the pic is the show ground.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It was a cracking show last year, especially with the weather being superb.

Good day out for all ages, if anyone has young children there is also plenty for them to do other than cars.

The missus left me to my own devices after a while & took the little 'un into the childrens play area and Bird Sanctuary. What a way to spend a day, I get to look at all the superb cars, both air & water cool, and didn't get any ear ache from 'The Dragon'!!!!

Funniest car of the day was the fur covered Beetle that looked like a mouse and my favourite car was the red Porsch 356 (too many excellent standard VW's too choose from!!).

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just a little *bump* for this one.

As everyone else has said, this was a really great show and I reckon if we get the weather again it can be even better this year.

2005 was only the first year for VW Festival and I think it was a suprise hit. Harewood House is a beautiful setting and I'm sure there will be more trade stands and events this year so check your diaries.

My favourites from 2005?

The Golf Caddy complete with swimming pool. The Lupo that was making huge BOV noises that turned out to be one of those daft speaker set ups. The MK1 Golf Cabrio Rivage with 10k miles on the clock and finally, later on in the day when all the air cooled stuff turned up and parked beautifully in a line across the front of the house.

Oh, and obviously my old Octavia RS being star attraction on the UKPolos stand [;)] Cheers Josh!

Found some more pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
432 Posts
that 1st pic is soo cool. any ideas what time it was taken. i can see my cousins 'rado and my mates mk2 1.8T and mk3. cant see my golf tho :(

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are there restricted numbers of places for the club stand? ive just got me hands on a mint anni, so would love to take part. Anyone????

Cheers Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.