Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

VW Festival @ Harewood House

Date - 20th August 2006
Location - Harewood House, Leeds - Click for MAP
Website - www.vwfestival.co.uk
Entry Price ?10 pp (or ?8 if buying ticket in advance)

This is the second year for this show. We attended last year and it was an absoloutely baking hot day with some great cars on show. One of the better shows of last year IMO - hopefully this year will be even better [:)] We've got a plot booked for around 20 cars which is roughly what we had last year.

Now problem is, I won't be able to attend this event as I'm off to a 4x4 driving day (b'day pressie for the missus), but I can still perform the organising etc. so you guys and gals won't miss out! All I'll need is for someone to meet up with everyone for the convoy in - and someone to take our uk-mkivs sails to the show. If you can help with either of thse please let me know asap [Y]

As noted we have stand space for around 20 cars. If you're interested in taking part please let me know via this thread.

PLEASE NOTE - Those who wish to be on the club stand must purchase their tickets in advance from the VWFestival website.

Stand list:
J111ASE
David
Beddie
NikB
Cat1.4
Turbotrev
Pat
MikeTDI
Frodo-anni
Chaz
HUNNYMONSTER
Tom_mk5
P1NBD
vwtam
AndyG
vindaloo
Tabs
AndyLCR
Kiz

Total = 20 NOW FULL

[hr]

Pre show Meet up details

The pub is called The old Star Inn.

Click here for Map - - Click here for details of the pub

Orgainsers want us to turn up between 9.00 and 9.30. This doesn't leave much time for cleaning cars etc. so I'd like to get in there for about 9.00. Therefore meet up time will be 8.30 with plans to get underway for about 8.45.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
how about we meet at the pub again on the A659 think we met at 8am last year?

just remembered how hot it was last year while looking at the photos[:D]and that caddy with swimming pool in the back[:D]

need a hand with anything just give me a shout mark.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
cheers boss i'm on the case.[;)].

i'll try find out what the pub was called.supposed to be up at harewood house on sunday to see... the who,flaming lips and the zutons.[:D]

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll be there again this year as its only minutes away! anyone fancy 1/4 mile down the driveway ;) Don't mind helping out if you need anything, but my car is strictly for the parking lot - not show material....stone chips never look good

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Damn I want to go to this as well

Stick me down as provisional - to be confirmed nearer the time so if there is interest from others I'm happy to bow out!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Top show last year so I do urge the undecided to pop along.

I'd love to join you guys but I'll be on the Polo stand again (obviously).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I`d love to show my car on the stand. New bonnet, bodykit, wheels
and sound system will all be done by then and a full respray is on the
cards if there`s time.

Please....................

I don`t mind helping out if you need an extra pair of hands.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts