Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice day I thought. The white Audi 200 saloon,was a bit scary on the corners though. [B)]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah was a good day. I was sat on the concrete bank about 5 metres away when that Audi (think it was that one) lost it and went backwards into the tyre wall. Driver seemed more worried about some papers that came out of the car than the actual damage.

G6 MPH your car is awesome. Got a few pics of you on the track when i sort them. Loved the little scrap between you and the blue R32.

My favourite cars of the day have to be the Awesome GTI TT, it sounded amazing and the four RS4's that were on the track pretty much all day. On the family drive round the the son of one of the RS4 owners who looked about 17 was driving his old mans car around the track, lucky lad.

Oh and Turbo Batch your smoothed bumpers look quality.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yup, a good day definitely!

Should have some pictures posted up later this evening or early tomorrow - got to go now and nurse my SUNBURN!!

Chris

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks like a good day - glad it went well. Thanks for taking over at such short notice - appreciated

Sorry I missed it guys.

(My father came out of surgery a couple of hours ago - triple by-pass - Op went well, now in IC for a few days)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cheers for the comments Andrew, thats how i felt after i went up to GTi international and decided i NEEDED smoothed bumpers.

Yeh it was a good day. Was looking forward to seeing Gary's car but completely understand. I wish your father all the best and a speedy recovery!

Im just uploading my best pics now

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good fun day out.... the Golf went really well and the Mrs enjoyed driving it lots too!! Have plenty of pics and footage and will get that uploaded later :)

Was a bit hacked off with the attitude and driving manor of the Mk1 and Mk2 boys, a tad agressive and inpatient in my view. But then you always get some idiots at every trackday!

Sessions towards the end of the got a little short though, down to about 8 minutes I noticed... not good value for money but there you go.

Good news is the other half wants to go and do some more trackdays... but I think it will be in the Pug [:D]

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
703 Posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

"It's too early"

Posted Image

On the way to Castle Combe, we pimped some flies...

Posted Image

"I think I missed a bit"

Posted Image

"Just warming her up"

Posted Image

"Just cooling her down after that 1st lap excursion....."

Posted Image

Sponsored by......

Posted Image

Bernie to Matt "So do you know what this warning light means?"

Posted Image

Always remember to run in your new car gently.....

Posted Image

Smoothly does it

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/castle_combe/P7240045_resize.jpg

Matt to Bernie "I don't know, but I'm starting to feel sick now"

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/castle_combe/P7240078_resize.jpg

Blue R32s are SOOOOOOOO common these days!

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/castle_combe/P7240075_resize.jpg

"One Oettinger front spoiler please"

I've got many more for later, including some might RS4 estates giving it large amongst those mk2 Golfs, shame that Dialynx Quattro was too fast for my camera!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Chris - great photos mate. I think we are all nursing the sunburn [8D]

Damn good day out and will certainly want to do this again. Rally day at Castle Combe on the 14th August dont forget! Will look at my videos I took and see how i can upload them as well at some point.

Gary - hope your father goes from strength to strength and recovers real soon. [^]

Mark - hope you feel better soon too...[:)]

Next time we could do with the number plates at least to say who the cars belong too. We did wish we had them or just a simple large banner....[:I]

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had a good day all in all but this is how my day ended, after my third session.

Posted Image

Clutch went but I managed to limp it to safety, got a tow off the circuit, then adjusted it and then tried to run it but it didn't sound too health. The AA think I've probably wrecked the plate [:I] Looks like a complete new clutch for me then.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cheers Chris, but hopefully the photos what little i have, will be ok. Just wondering about the vidoes though?

Not looked at any yet but i'm sure I got a few good ones.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,well what a day,came over to the ukmkiv parked cars but everyone must of been watching some track action,had some nice dices with TSR's S4 passat,AMD'sR32,RS6 engined RS4 estate(i think)and plenty of others.

I thought the standard of driving was much better than say the coombe action days and everyone was pretty friendly.

I think the car may be run in now,just.

Hope your fathers getting better Gary.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote: posted by G6MPH on 24/07/2004 22:30:24

Hi all,well what a day,came over to the ukmkiv parked cars but everyone must of been watching some track action,had some nice dices with TSR's S4 passat,AMD'sR32,RS6 engined RS4 estate(i think)and plenty of others.

I thought the standard of driving was much better than say the coombe action days and everyone was pretty friendly.

I think the car may be run in now,just.

Hope your fathers getting better Gary.

Cheers

Matt

Was a cracking day! Was some good racing going on, and thought the general standarsd of driving was good (from watching anyway!)

Matt, What power are you currently running?

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys had a bit of a happening on the way up which meant I didn't get there till about 9.40.

Some really good action on the track, the red RS4 was really going for it and the white mk2 wasn't hanging around either but the best was G6 MPH nice!

Really wished I could of taken the car around again this year but couldn't risk it.

Hope your fathers doing well gary.

(I was the owner of the silver Bora by the way)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts