Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Any one know of one to recommend? I'll prob be buying from a dealer and it would be handy if I knew of a good one in terms of customer service and servicing etc etc.

Cheers [;)]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alrite James [;)]

I've always dealt with Ingrams in Paisley. Customer service has always been excellent, as has all work done, They are always more than happy to help and the parts dept are excellent [:D]

Never dealt with anyone else so can't comment

.....and yeh i'm still up (obviously lol)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would strongly recommend you to steer clear of Verve [xx(] The management is nothing short of a discrace as is their service. More of the service is left out than is carried out.

Arnold Clark in Kilmarnock Road is not too bad....[8)]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good shout Gav..Yeah I'll probably steer clear of Verve, I wasn't too impressed by the one on Crow Road.

Cheers [:)]

Anyone else had good/bad eperiences you want to share?[;)]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The one on Crow Road is Arnold Clark where I got my Golf. Deffo don't go there mate they are a bunch of wa***rs. Sold me my car which had supposedly just been serviced and had its 1st MOT hours before I picked it up, with a knackered water pump, then advised me not to drive it. If your buying the one on Kilmarnock Road is really good if you get Paul to deal with you. He has sold me 2 cars and has been nothing more than 1st class. He always remembers who you are, unlike Crow Road, and will do his very best to satisfy. Top bloke.

Dont know much about Verve, although my boss changed from Arnold Clark to Verve and says that Verve are much better.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Think its going to be a matter of checking them all out James, as I wouldn't recomment Arnold Clark at all. Everyone is different as you can see by the replies ^^^

Verve at Crow Road is where I got my turbo, and I've had no bother at all from them. I've had a couple of minor common faults on my car, and when I've phoned, car has been down next day and fixed straight away, servicing not had any problems with either. I know a few guys that work in Verve Service Department, so mibbie that helps, but I know my car is looked after. I've also had a few things under warranty and they've never hit out with, sorry can't as you've modded your car, your warranty is void. Suppose it all just depends.

There are however a few salesmen I would steer clear of, you can spot them a mile away, but surprisingly there are a few good guys in there.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think all the glasgow dealers are the same for aftersales it just depends who you deal with on the day. Crow road is ok but its biggest problem is its too busy for the personel touch because of its central location.

If its purely buying your interested in then Arnold Clark has to have the best deals at any branch, and if he doesnt he will undercut just to get it, as for customer satisfaction of aftersales, each to thier own, but if I were buying I would want the cheapest deal not the nicest salesman.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Crow Road guys are a bunch of smarmy to55er5, and liars to boot.

I got my s/h Bora V5 from them. The car was pristeen (a credit to it's previous owner) when I viewed it, with the exception of excusable stonechips on the bonnet which they offered to repair.

I collected the car on a rainy day (big mistake!!), and when it dried off later I spotted two parallel lines of scuffs running the length of the roof with dents in the middle at the roof's crown.

My neighbour two doors down was the bodywork manager for Ingrams in Paisley (handy!). He took one look and told me exactly how it had happened - transporter damage (you can picture it - upper deck lowered onto the roof of my car!!!). He told me the Crow Road site doesn't have bodywork facilities and they transported the cars to another dealer for the work.

So I went back and asked them to confirm what my neighbour told me, which they did. Then I pointed out the damage and they said it had always been there as the previous owner had used a roof rack on the car.

I did of course contact the previous owner, who confirmed to me in writing that he'd never used a roof rack on the car in his life.

Their reply - 'so, sue us'.

Grrrr.

PS When they resprayed the bonnet, they did the wings too and didn't even take the side repeaters off - they just masked them. Don't you just hate that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my Golf from Paul at Arnold Clark on Kilmarnock Road too. Top bloke and I would highly reccommend this company. I've also had my car serviced there and they've done a good job.

I usually get my parts from Ingram in Ayr as its down my way and the parts dept. are really helpful. But I thought the sales staff in there were a bit dodgy. I don't know if the Paisley one is the same though.

I wasn't too impressed with Verve at Crow Road either to be honest.

But, if any of the above dealers are reading this post - I think you are wonderful and remember me when I pop in for my next VW! Lol.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thanks for confirming that "Golf GTTi". Thought I was going mad there, so many people saying Verve is on Crow Road. Was sure I got my car from Arnold Clark.

Donna, were you eating those naughty mushrooms again when you bought your buggy ... lol

Gav, good to see Paul dealt with you in the same way as me. Still pop in and see him from time to time and he always spares the time for a chat. He's a credit to Arnold Clark unlike some salesmen.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol Arnold Clark it is..dunno why I'd got it into mt head it was Verve[8)][:p]

Cheers for the replies people, good to know which ones are well renowned. [;)]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by Big A on 04/02/2004 20:01:15

Donna, were you eating those naughty mushrooms again when you bought your buggy ... lol

[B)] em.....doh! you knew what I meant lol, sorry I bought my car at Verve in Rutherglen...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd recommend the Verve in Wishaw.... good customer service and were bending over backwards to offer me a deal on my new Bora!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my last Golf from Verve Rutherglen. The salesman, Glen, was excellent a rarity amongst car salesmen in that he knew a lot about the product. He also cared about getting the car delivered on time.

Think he is at Arnold Clark crow road now.

Only ever had warranty work carried out at Verve but they had a few good mechanics, one in particular (small guy with dark hair - can't remember his name) who sorted everything first time.

Present car is from Advantage Stirling (2nd Hand found through VW website), got a good trade in price. They along with Arnold Clark always seem to have the cheapest nearly news.

Have had absolutely no problems with their service department either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would recommend Arnold Clark in Crow Raod. I bought a new Golf 4 months ago from them. Great salesman, Colin Elliot, very open to negotiation and got a great trade in price.

Their aftersale service has been great too.

When I was looking for my car I also tried VERVE Rutherglen but they offered me a grand less for my car as trade in and didn't find them that helpful.

At the end of the day it comes down to what salesman you get on the day and when you go in. If serious - go in a few times and talk over different deals - then go in at the end of the month (when sales targets are due) and tell them you are going to buy a car today. Only then will you get the best deal.[:D]

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is thinking of buying from Arnold Clark have a look at this site first and read some of the e-mails!

www.arnoldsucks.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still if the salesman are OK who cares. Two good recomendations for salesmen in Crow Road. The guy I recomended was excellent at Verve, actually cared about the customer and knew the product.

If you buy a VW and it has problems you can get it fixed at any dealer. Often a good tactic as they will be keen to build a relationship with you in order to sell a car next time.

Arnold are good for price, surely that is what matters most.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts