Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise surprise.. my car did not come with one.

Are they available from VW parts does anyone know or just E Bay? (I can't find them anywhere there!)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The car should have it, because the cup-holder doesnt work without it. My GTI was missing it also, so I called VW about it. They send it to me free of charge. It can be bought from VW, but costs over 50 eur.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did order the arm rest.

I'll give VW a call - was it MDL you called? I'm presuming you're Irish as you mention the Euro.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I got the bottle opener with my GTi and kept the one from my GT tdi but you missed out Irish, give it to Damian a few months ago. Someone must have a spare???

50 Euro's, what a rip off

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did order the arm rest.

I'll give VW a call - was it MDL you called? I'm presuming you're Irish as you mention the Euro.
Im Finnish, so I called the importer here. There are other countries that use Euros too [:)]

They insisted that the bottle opener doesnt come with the car by default. I told them that if thats the case, they should change the car specification on the Volkswagen website, because if I dont have the opener, I dont also have the 2 cup holders that are listed on the specs.

And yes, the opener was between 51 or 53 euros, when I asked the parts guy about it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good point JP - I always assume it's just Brits I'm talking to on this site!! [;)]

I called the importers, they said to get onto the dealer and if any problems to get in touch again. I'm sure it won't come to that as the sales guy is a decent fella.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sounds like VW have put up the price massively - That wil only encourage more to go missing at dealers.  You can still them for under a tenner on eBay.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If its a new car - as it appears to be - just get your supplying dealer to send you one. The bottle holder is pretty useless without it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the help/offers of spare ones.

The dealer says he'll get me one so I'll wait a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My car did not come with a bottle opener. Sadly; upon speaking with the dealer he informed me that they do not come as standard and that it would be very difficult for him to get a hold of one. One of those ' I can't make any promises ' gestures.

Not impressed; wrote an email to VW and am hoping for a reply as they are usually quite speedy about it.

Any idea how I can go about getting one? I have the armrest, btw.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine didn't have one either, I think they get swiped in the dealership, but I got one on ebay for ?7 instead of the Irish stealer price.

Dave N

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
My car did not come with a bottle opener. Sadly; upon speaking with the dealer he informed me that they do not come as standard and that it would be very difficult for him to get a hold of one. One of those ' I can't make any promises ' gestures.

Not impressed; wrote an email to VW and am hoping for a reply as they are usually quite speedy about it.

Any idea how I can go about getting one? I have the armrest, btw.
I have a spare one if you're interested - still in the bag. PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post for you, FOC

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
So thats why the bottles always fall onto each other when driving?!?!? I was thinking to myself the other day that the cup holders were pretty pointless! I don't have an armrest, but i wouldn't mind a bottle opener to keep the cans/bottles from falling over every 5 minutes, does anyone else have a spare one that they want to sell?

[Y]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts