Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,wondering if anyone's got abit of advice for me and my Bora. This has been a issue prior to me owning the car and I've yet to find a solution.
Here's a video of the issue :

So when everything's connected , the boot will unlock itself if it's closed, I've tried to demonstrate this in the video. This will happen when the cars both locked and unlocked with no input at all. I've replaced the boot handle switch with the microswitch on the side, the boot latch, the actuator, the boot wiring loom which goes between the chassis and the boot . I've checked for continuity in all the wired all looks good from what I could tell. I've checked the ground point both on the rear passenger wheel well and the ground points underneath the dash . I have got the following fault code when scanned
Font Gadget Screenshot Bumper Personal luxury car

Unfortunately I don't have access to full vagcom as I can't afford it however I have got this obd11.
When you search for this fualt code on rosstech it's essentially doesn't exist 馃槄
I've seen some similar issues on the b5-6 Passat forums however the codes vary and symptoms are inversed so hard to figure for mk4 setups .
If anyone knows of what could be the issue I'd love to hear some input
cheers

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you try to swap the wires in the connector around? ground stays where it is the other 2 need to be swapped problem sorted.
The one that controls the locking unlocking... if it is just 2 wires depin the connector and swap them around.
Im not sure if thats a good idea swaping a live and ground wire around , thanks for the ideas tho

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update I've been able to do an output test on the rear handle switch and the CCM is recognizing that I'm trying to open however doesn't open the boot when I want to. Still has the issue of opening when I close the boot or lock and unlock the car. I've also since making the post double checked all connections, of which all look fine .Opened the CCM which was immaculate inside tbh and I cleaned it out with electrical cleaner, same goes to all the connectors in the boot aswell. I also disassembled the latch and cleaned the microswitch out
Plant Gesture Finger Grass Font

Plant Gesture Finger Grass Terrestrial plant

Plant community Circuit component Plant Passive circuit component Botany

Registered
Just swap the 2 lives around... from your picture the 2 seem to have the exact same connector so maybe you can just swap them around as long as the ground and the live don't sit in the wrong position.

Aka undo top.one, stick.it in the bottom one and vice versa. Just make sure that the ground connects to the ground when you do this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts