Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

put a post up a while back regarding my bora being a non starter after misfiring! anyways got that sorted turned out it was flooded :S. the aa geezer came out cleared the fauts checked it, and it was running spot on!

Just to keep you in the picture i have replaced the coil, spark plugs, ht's etc all withing the last 1000 miles.

Anyway yesterday i jump in to go to work, get ust around the corner and off it goes again, check light flashing as per last misfire. checked it with my code reader this morn and sure enough its come up with misfire on number 3 cyliner. Diffrence this time is its started up fine no misfire or anything, light started flashing but then just became constant. So ive now erased the code and thie light has not come back on and again is running spot on from cold right up to running temp (standing still ive still yet to drive it :S).

The last time it misfired and wouldnt start (when i replaced all the sparks, coil etc) i reset the mileage counter and from sorting it out untill this misfire ive done 409.5 miles. Any ideas what sensors etc could be at fault to cause this?

many thanks nick

P.s the misfire was the only code showing on the reader when plugged in!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a thought could this be the maf sensor? drove it out and about today and its been fine again! still stumped [:|]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts