Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rang them as I'm trying to chase up my car problem. Said, can I speak to servicing or anyone who can track what my car had done in December. She said 'do you want to book a service', I said no, I just told you. She won't let me speak to them, can you ring back in a couple of weeks when they are less busy. WTF! I only want to track what was done to my car in december!

I rang them back and put a different voice on, asked to spek to servicing, 'is this to book a service sir'...yes, a 60,000 mile service and I got a few problems'...'please hold then sir'. So I get the bloke, can hear the radio behind and say 'right, I've had to lie to get through to you, I don't want a service, but can you tell me what was done on my car in December 2004'.'Are you booking it in sire'....Argh! 'no, I want to track on your database what was done'...hold on then sir....hear him calling someone...'can't do that sir, were too busy for enquiries at the moment, but if you want to book your car in for these problems, just bear with me......I slam phone down!

Who can I go to to track if an Air Mass Meter was fitted to my car in December 2004. Because it was done under warranty I have no paperwork, not even an invoice, know it was december though as I rang my insuracne company to find out when I had the courtesy car.

Customer Services? Anyone got the number?

·
Registered
316 Posts
why don't you go in and ask.. they will deal with your question there and then.. simple..

waste of time over the phone dude..

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How rude
What problem? Don't you need to book it in anyway?
I want a report of what was done to my car in December 2004. The car sales place I bought my car off fixed it under warranty, but I know the work was done by VW. I just want to know what was done because im being wee'd around.

20Valve, where are you?! Can you track whats been done on a golf's registration number?

Also, I can't 'just go in' my nearest dealer is 50 miles away!

I will be later though as the garage that is currently fixing the car is messing around again, saying 'i cant hear no noise'. So I'll probably go over there, take my key's and leave the car there, go back in the morning, gather a crowd round and start the car so we can all hear it.

My original post is here with a sound clip of the noise, trouble is, no one seems to be answering: http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/385745/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
811 Posts
20valve can you check any work thats been done at VW??

As i wanted to check what work had been done to my car before i bought it, as it was a company car and been serviced and stuff at VW..

when i asked VW if they could check mine a while back they just went no!! seemed that they couldnt be bothered to deal with me tbh..

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

As i wanted to check what work had been done to my car before i bought it, as it was a company car and been serviced and stuff at VW..

when i asked VW if they could check mine a while back they just went no!! seemed that they couldnt be bothered to deal with me tbh..
You got the exact same answer as me then! Nice isn't it!

All they have to do is look on their system, thankfully we have got someone kind enough here, 20 valve, who has just confirmed exactly what I needed to know for me.

Big thanks Simon, very much appriciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts

You got the exact same answer as me then! Nice isn't it!

All they have to do is look on their system, thankfully we have got someone kind enough here, 20 valve, who has just confirmed exactly what I needed to know for me.

Big thanks Simon, very much appriciated.
i wouldnt mind but i was giving them my hard earned cash for parts at the time [:(]

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm sure you could mention Freedom of Information Act or the Data Protection Act to them and see what their response is then? You'd probably have to put it in writing, but if they didn't give you the info you ask for (assuming it's about you for DP and not an exempt piece of information for the FIoA) they would be in a lot of trouble.

Jeffers

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure you could mention Freedom of Information Act or the Data Protection Act to them and see what their response is then? You'd probably have to put it in writing, but if they didn't give you the info you ask for (assuming it's about you for DP and not an exempt piece of information for the FIoA) they would be in a lot of trouble.

Jeffers
It's not that thought is it, its the fact they are just not willing to help you and lie to you because your asking them to do something which they dont make any money from. Asking them for a 60000 miles service and some bits and pieces that are wrong, your put straight through.

Suely everyone knows these days about customer service? I've had non of it at all today [:(]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm feeling for ya, Just been through the whole VW site looking for information for complaints...

...there is none. Good luck getting this sorted.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jeffers i think you'd stumble with the freedom of information act as its geared at public bodies. But agreed out of courtesty they should provide you with the service and management information of the vehicle. Otherwise whats a service history for!! Would only take them a maximum of 4 minutes from initial question to anwer to look it up assuming that the links are ok.

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
All warranty claims should be logged on the computer.

If you do a search on their system it is dead easy.

It only takes 2 mins.

If you spemd your money with them then you want the time for them.

Tyr the Dealer Principle the next time.

He should be eager to help.

Just mention you want to know to sell the car as your looking to buy new!

That will keep them looking after you.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 20 Posts