Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

VW Alarm

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  s4k1b 
#1 ·
Should my hazard flash when I turn my alarm off. I have a 99 V & they don't. One of the girls at work has a Y reg and they flash.

Any ideas??

#11 ·
yup i have the same problem but my doors/boot all lock correctly, alarm turns on ie I get the flashing red light and the interior light goes on when i open the doors (and off when I close the doors as Ive tested all doors for this already and thats all clear).

Ive been given some advice from a ukmkivs member and will try this tomorrow (looks hopeful !) and if it works, Ill email ya with the info and procedure.

#15 ·
Quote: posted by nudda on 31/10/2004 22:15:56

Itll literally take 5-10 mins to do no exagerations there :) If you dont get 5-10 mins free I look forward to see what happens this saturday :) Gud luck !

Finally got round to having a look at the 15amp fuse & sure enough it had blown. Five mins later I had flashing hazards when I locked/unlocked my car.

Thanks nudda worked a treat you're instructions.

#18 ·
Please anyone can post this solution again, because I have the same problem and the link is not working.

Thanks,

Same thing happened to me ------ I changed the 15amp fuse any the indicators then flashed again when the alarm was activated.

SEE BELOW for a copy of the text from that thread :

PROBLEM FIXED

My lights are now flashing on locking/unlocking ... the problem was resolved with the help of pgl (who is a member on this forum and CERETAINLY know his stuff).

For the chappy who had the same problem as on me another thread, you need the following:-

a 15 amp fuse(blue one)
a 20 torx screwdriver
a torch

Above the accelerator is the relay station. You cant see it when you get under because theres a cover there which has 3 screws holding it in place. Take off the cover and youll see the relay station with relays such as 53 409 etc in them. iShine the torch on top of the relay station and youll see a blue fuse ... take out the fuse. If its blown then this will fix your problem for sure. Replace the fuse and cover and your done :D

#19 ·
I was changing my indicator light bulb and i short circuited something resulting in a pop.

my hazard lights were not working - neither did the hazards flash on locking the car with the fob.

i pressed hazard switch - no lights working.

so i checked fuses, low and behold the fuse for hazard lights was blown. so i changed this (15amp fuse in side of dashboard).

My hazards were now working - however the hazards still did not flash upon locking the car with the fob.

after much searching on google, ukmkiv, vortex, etc - everyone seems to point to locking module failure - but i was adamant it was something else like a relay or another fuse because all my doors lock perfectly - and besides, how could a shorted bulb replacement blow one of my locking modules ???

after another hour of searching, i found that there is a 15amp fuse for the alarm/turn signals located under the steering column (again 15amp, fuse D).

After changing this, it now works perfectly !

#20 ·
I was changing my indicator light bulb and i short circuited something resulting in a pop.

my hazard lights were not working - neither did the hazards flash on locking the car with the fob.

i pressed hazard switch - no lights working.

so i checked fuses, low and behold the fuse for hazard lights was blown. so i changed this (15amp fuse in side of dashboard).

My hazards were now working - however the hazards still did not flash upon locking the car with the fob.

after much searching on google, ukmkiv, vortex, etc - everyone seems to point to locking module failure - but i was adamant it was something else like a relay or another fuse because all my doors lock perfectly - and besides, how could a shorted bulb replacement blow one of my locking modules ???

after another hour of searching, i found that there is a 15amp fuse for the alarm/turn signals located under the steering column (again 15amp, fuse D).

After changing this, it now works perfectly !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.