Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im looking to be runing around 250 this year on about 210 at the moment once fmic fitted ill go custom to about 230 hopefully[:|].. i heard changing to the g60 fly was abit of a harsh drive ?

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Good luck finding R44Ms on here [whistle]

Hes having a time out [paperbag]

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
raams kits were really overpriced, like 100% overpriced, you can get a VR6 clutch off ebay (they are all the same) for 80 ish quid and the flywheel is the same one as the ones on the ABF powered mk3 golfs, those are alot easier to find in scrap yards.

Then a few bolts etc and the know how to get it fitted, I had mine in the car for under 150 quid and to answer the OP, you cant fit the VR6 clutch with your dual mass flywheel, the conversion is both or neither.

The VR6 clutch will take power from any of the KKK series turbos, go hybrid K04 or bigger and youll need to upgrade the friction plate.

I can supply part numbers if people need me to, the bolts are best off sourced from VW for obvious reasons, you need shorter flywheel bolts for the flywheel, you cannot reuse your current ones.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Yes, part numbers are

Corrado G60 flywheel vw part no: 028105269bx
or ABF flywheel part number: 037 105 273 C

The ABF option is cheaper, look in a breakers yard for a mk3 2.016V, thats the flyhweel you need... link http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=Breaking+ABF&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Any of those cars are good to go.

LUK clutch kit is about 80 quid and will do for a remapped car, I have had 2 with no problems, release bearing is the same as a 1.8T but worth changing while your there and is in the kit. Easy found on ebay again

Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-3-VENTO-CORRADO-PASSAT-VR6-CLUTCH-KIT-189VG0801-/380301893224?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588bc25e68

Bolts: You need shorter bolts for the flywheel vw part no: N90206103 x 6

And for the clutch pressure plate bolts vw part no: N10101001 x 6
£15.86 for all 12 bolts

a day to fit it and your all gravy, shouldnt cost more than 150 quid in parts if your clever.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Yep, you can get the clutch and flyhweel from VW aswell if you wish but LUK are the uk supplier for VW VR6 clutches so itll be the same thing but cost more and the flywheel is 80 odd quid plus a surcharge so alot more than you will pay from a scrappy.

If your in the north east I can help you fit it if you want.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im about 3 hours from teeside lol im near london... would u be able to help me source a flywheel though because i dont know what im looking at or the mechanical side to taking it off lol ??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts