Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After thinking long and hard I've decided to go for a votex front valence over the anni one.

I was wanting to know where I can get one from?

Do I have to go to the stealers or are there other places that I can get one from?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Matey, they aren't mega pricey from stealers... bloody cheeky if you ask me, but VW charge the earth for factory fitted stuff but their 'not so very different' votex kit is much cheaper. I'm looking at the votex sideskirts, at ?199 for the pair!! [:D]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by jubbly on 17/12/2004 09:18:52

votex kit is the standard factory fit body kit, it's about half the price of the anni & R32 stuff

what do you mean standard factory fitted? if the anni has the anni kit and the r32 has the r32 kit, what is the votex kit fitted to as standard?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just a note people...check ur insurance company will insure u. Check the insurance forum...cos BobSeptic had to fight Liverpool Vic to get them to insure him with sideskirts!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote: posted by kingkoop on 17/12/2004 11:33:33

votex kit is the standard factory fit body kit, it's about half the price of the anni & R32 stuff

what do you mean standard factory fitted? if the anni has the anni kit and the r32 has the r32 kit, what is the votex kit fitted to as standard?

Any Golf you wanted it fitted to.

The body kit(front& rear valance, side skirts & rear spoiler) was always a factory fit option it's not an aftermarket kit such as others.

The R32 has it's own kit and so does the Anni and I doubt you could order a 1.8t Golf with them factory fitted, you can order the parts and proberbly get the dealer to paint and fit it, but you could have had the votex kit.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote: posted by GeordieLife on 17/12/2004 11:38:44

Just a note people...check ur insurance company will insure u. Check the insurance forum...cos BobSeptic had to fight Liverpool Vic to get them to insure him with sideskirts!

I had issues with adrian flux on the votex kit but as it was a factory fit option it was ok.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by jubbly on 17/12/2004 12:05:24

Quote: posted by kingkoop on 17/12/2004 11:33:33

Any Golf you wanted it fitted to.

The body kit(front& rear valance, side skirts & rear spoiler) was always a factory fit option it's not an aftermarket kit such as others.

The R32 has it's own kit and so does the Anni and I doubt you could order a 1.8t Golf with them factory fitted, you can order the parts and proberbly get the dealer to paint and fit it, but you could have had the votex kit.

cheers jubbly, crystal clear now[^]

·
Registered
294 Posts
I paid 499 from the dealers which was everything bar the tailgate spoiler - I bought this earlier and paid top dollor for it about ?90 I bet you could get the lots for about 550 all in.

My insurance went up by ?50 but then I put the g/f on the insurance whilst my Dad was already on it and got about 50 back !!!! Apparently having three people on your insurance is a 'good risk' for the insurance companies! dont ask why!!!!!?????

There you go Adam's TOP TIP: put three people on your insurance!

P.S I'm with Bell Direct!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by adam10780 on 17/12/2004 14:13:13

I paid 499 from the dealers which was everything bar the tailgate spoiler - I bought this earlier and paid top dollor for it about ?90 I bet you could get the lots for about 550 all in.

Sounds like a bargain Adam, was that unpainted? If not how much for the paint job? Have you got some photos with the full kit now on?

Nice one[:D]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thats the one thing I never got round to doing, posting pictures. all I remember was seeing it pulling up after beining painted/fitting - I actually said to myself - that can't be mine with a massive [^] it really transformed the whole car and I love it.

I paid 200 for painting and fitting - a mate of a mate did it on the side - its not a perfect job but damm near and for that kinda price I can't complain [;)]

If you do want some decent pics see DDX (his home page is cool) that's what started it all off for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by adam10780 on 18/12/2004 08:49:18

If you do want some decent pics see DDX (his home page is cool) that's what started it all off for me.

Just checked it out and damn, that is one fine piece of machinery!

(i already had a couple of his photos saved) this is a prime example of why i cant decide what wheels to get. Those RS4s look the dogs wotsits, real classy OEM look.

BTW - isnt that the anniversary kit not the votex?

and finally....

those are a couple of serious motors (i mean the e46 as well) for a 23yo to have on the driveway. He must be doing something right!

R.I.P ass sig pic

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by kingkoop on 18/12/2004 11:17:40

Quote: posted by adam10780 on 18/12/2004 08:49:18

Just checked it out and damn, that is one fine piece of machinery!

(i already had a couple of his photos saved) this is a prime example of why i cant decide what wheels to get. Those RS4s look the dogs wotsits, real classy OEM look.

BTW - isnt that the anniversary kit not the votex?

and finally....

those are a couple of serious motors (i mean the e46 as well) for a 23yo to have on the driveway. He must be doing something right!

R.I.P ass sig pic

Oh my god where did the ass sig pic go!!!???[V]

The anni kit is similar, but not the same. definitely different parts.

[:D]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately evil, the powers that be deemed it a little too 'cheeky' so twas removed. Hope everyone saved a copy before it was taken down[:D]

FYI - i think it was a lovely lady called Krystal Steele and from a movie called 'trained teens' (work it out!), or so ive heard[;)]

Ross - terribly sorry for the thread hijack old boy[:I]. I wouldnt have though you could get it much cheaper than the stealers unless u find somewhere local to you as a website will add postage ontop of the price.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You can still get the MK4 Votex kit from the stealer.

If there's enough interest i'll add it to the new GB's in January.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No probs about the hijack its all good![:D]

Looks like I'll be paying my local stealers a visit after Santa comes!

I want it on ASAP as now I have my 19" BBS on, the front looks about a mile off the ground even with me lowering it 45mm!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 18/12/2004 14:34:23

You can still get the MK4 Votex kit from the stealer.

If there's enough interest i'll add it to the new GB's in January.

Would definitely be interested in that Foxy! I was gonna ask if anyone fancied doing a GB on the votex kit...

You must have read my mind!!! [^]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts