Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys was snoopin around lookin at exhaust and came across this on vortex website

Posted Image

is that really true just by puttin there exhaust on it ups power to 225bhp?? something sounds fishy !!!

any one used vortex before?

·
Registered
988 Posts
It probably means with that exhaust and supporting mods and a remap you can reach a maximim of 225bhp with that exhaust. The exhaust alone may add like 10bhp most. Power delivery is also improved tho.

I've never heard of that brand... i'd stick with blueflame, miltek, or a known custom SS exhaust place.

·
Registered
988 Posts
oooo wait my mistake, I have heard of these, just not for a while, they have that odd shaped resonator (its like angled of both ends and not squared off) apparently they're decent exhausts but make turbo cars sound REALLY odd... I think the member Golfin got one fitted some time ago... maybe ask him.

(still those power gains are not for the exhaust alone, they must assume supporting mods and map)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Ive got one.. and it does not add that much HP at all.. i think they missed the part where an accompanying remap is needed..

Ive got a video somewhere.. I love it..

Pro's:

Sucks (like a vacuume) air from the mani meaning it keeps the mani cooler for longer when the turbo gets hot.. and sucks all the rubbish out from the exhaust my car was blowing black cloudy smoke for the first day.. after a couple of days this has cleared up and the car can BREATH.. there free flow centre box is also amazing!

Posted Image

I had no grip otherwise it would have been a constand bellow!! in tunnels it sounds amazing.. people look very confused and ive scared off some big cars.. [:S]

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/Findik_m/?action=view&current=Vortex.mp4

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Theres one other person however he doesnt come on here much.. you might have seen his car on youtube wwith it.. The silver golf anni..

A place called Torque Exhausts in north london. Fantastic service.. make sure you speak to a guy called simon if you go there..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just watched you vid Golfin... [Y]

the sound of the vortex exhaust just knocked me flying! [:O]

I havent got the biggest knowledge for cars but would you get that sort of sound from a non turbo engine??

I only have a standard 1.6 golf [:)]

·
Registered
988 Posts
You can fit it if you want, but that sound is created because of the turbo and the exhaust... but the apparent performance benefits of the vortex exhaust will help a n/a engine like yours too i'd expect - do a search on youtube, im sure you will find a sound clip on a car like yours.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts