Does anyone else like these?

My wife and family think I'm mad - I really like the S60 T5

And chipped they go to 310bhp [}:)]

Is it because I'm 32 [?]

#2 ·
Quote: posted by MOB on 07/02/2005 10:51:58

.....Is it because I'm 32 [?]

LOL[:D]

Don't worry, it's not an age thing they really are very good!

I had a V40 with sport suspension - handled like a go-kart, shame about the image! Volvos are getting better dynamically since the mid-90s. The S60 was the first of the really good ones, but you'll still notice the change in quality from the VWs.

I wouldn't personally 'cos over 300bhp through the front wheels is just silly - then again there's always the S60 R........

Posted Image
300bhp and 4wd as standard - think what that does with a chip....!!![}:)]

#3 ·
My dad had an early 850 T5R back in the day - what an awesome sleeper! That thing flew on the motorway!

A good friend has an S60R chipped by RICA. 340bhp 330lbs/ft torque... Stunning car, all the little understated syling, like brembos, subtle boot-lid spoiler etc.. really nice touches.

Another thing that makes this a great all-rounder is the "on-the-fly" adaptatble suspension setup which allows you to alternate between Comfort, Sports and Advanced Sport - really cool feature!

I was seriously gonna sell my GTI and buy one of these, however the only thing that drew me back was the boot - why they didn't design it to open wider like a hatch I don't know? Watch out for that.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=573 - Really good comparison and in-depth review of the car and its closest competitors [:)]

#12 ·
[:D]

2003 52 Reg VOLVO S60 2.3 T5 SE 4dr Saloon (250 BHP)

35,000 miles, Stunning Metallic Mistral Jade Grey. Full Cream Leather Interior, 18 inch BBS Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, Electric Heated Sports Seats with Memory, Sports Suspension, Rear Park Distance Control, Dash Mounted 3-CD Changer, 9-Speaker Dolby Surround Audio System, Leather FUNCTION Steering Wheel, Remote Audio Controls, Cruise control, FullIy Integrated SIM Card Phone System, Digital Climate Control, Electric Windows x 4, Electric Heated Mirrors, Trip Computer, Front Sports Seats, Leather Steering Wheel & Gearleaver, Boot Spoiler, Traction control, ABS, Air Bags x 6, Isofix Child Seat Preparation, Alarm and Immobiliser, Remote Central Locking, Front Fog Lights, Fully Colour Coded, 5-Speed Manual Transmission, Air conditioning. This lovely example is accompanied by a full Volvo main dealer service history, having covered 35,000 miles from new. The vehicle also benefits from the balance of manufacturers 3 year/60,000 mile warranty and is supplied with a clear HPi report and National Mileage Register check. This car cost approximately ?27,000 when new! Click on 'DEALERS WEBSITE' to see more pictures of this vehicle. Part Exchange, Finance and RAC extended warranty's available. Call 07971 887072 ?12,990. [:O]

#24 ·
The S60 and a remap = easy power. I say go for it!

I've had a few Volvos in the past, my last project being the S40 2.0T. My friend is currently having a 500+ bhp S40 T4 built so I'm tempted to go down a similar route again!

Volvo tuning have opened a place in Scotland which now makes the remap situation easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.