Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went along to volksfest today and it was a very poor mk4 turn out. in all i would say there was about 5 or 6.also i had a pocket full of cash that i could not spend[:mad:] due to a lack of trade stands so ended up going home with nothing[:(].i saw the uk mk4's stand but i think the only golf on it was mats...

Starry.......

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It was a very poor turnout of Mk4s. There was mattys golf, timmys golf and my golf and BlueV5s Bora. It wasn't really a show aimed at golfs, more for campers and beetles really. Dom from the forum was the only mk4 in the show and shine as well, so I'm guessing he won it.

I got lost on they way home lol. I follwed Matty too far and had to turn around and go back.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
lol, and me andrew [:D]

ended up in nailsea then found the bristol road and messed up again and went to weston. don't ask me to direct anywhere [;)]

limited pics will be up shortly...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I did wonder if you pulled over to tell me I was going the wrong way lol ah well, didn't get lost for too long.  I went back and found the Bristol road and knew where I was then.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think the show is shrinking a bit, there used to be a lot more watercooled stuff before they started having to move the show about. It's always been a primarily air cooled show - the only way to change that is for more watercooled owners to make the effort to show up!!!

My mk4 was there but only in the car park, the thing is still filthy after all the rain we had down here on Saturday; would be far too embarrased to put it on a stand.

Had a good day out though, was a nice diversity of stuff there, just not much of it.

At least the weather smiled upon us!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yeah, the weather was beautiful, i caught the sun nicely! again, not much of a mk4 turnout, and we aren't that well catered for either! still, like the man says, if more people start going it can only help.

heres some pics anyway...

Posted Image

an R14.

Posted Image

no, really... some guys actually though this was an r32!!?!? AND this won best mk4 last year. THIS is why we must make more of an appearance!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

low turnout [:(]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cool rod with a monster sounding v8

Posted Image

see, not just vw's!

Posted Image

http://img63.echo.cx/img63/3766/10202391hz.jpg

one of the highlights...

http://img63.echo.cx/img63/1003/10202371ny.jpg

dear god, they are 3d!

http://img63.echo.cx/img63/6159/10202381yv.jpg

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
now for some better pics... [;)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

timmy

Posted Image

me

Posted Image

andrew

Posted Image

matty

Posted Image

the (well deserved) star of our 'stand' due to the sheer amount of attention and pics it got.

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Looks like the South West guys were out in force though! Rich, do you ever take your sunnies off!?! Where was this, wouldnt have minded coming but I didnt know it was this weekend and my car is feeling poorly at the moment.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
haha, i did for a bit but then it got bright again so i put 'em back on, heh. you should've come up mate, just depends what you're into. there was a cool lowrider show with some proper american and german muscle (BIG chevy impala and numerous mercs), the fat sound system in the fiesta above... cough cough [;)] and lots of nice mk2's and some fairly tidy polos.

i wish i'd got more pics now, its not like we did much else to fill the time [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Car's too ill to do a long trip [:(]

I'm into pretty much any cars really, always good to see different stuff outisde of the VW range. Hence why I go to Donny and also probably will make an appearance at Max Power in the NEC, just cus it's not that far to go. Like looking at different stuff!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah mat, your car looked pretty good. i saw what must have been you with a few guys. should have come over and hi really. i could have put mine on the stand as it looked a bit empety, oh well next year..at least the sun was out[H] i did see a couple of 4's in the carpark a black one with 18's on looked nice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
gah, such a shame I couldn't make it. I really don't like the look of that ford fiesta.... why oh why was that at volksfest?! I hate fords that are anywhere really

·
Registered
122 Posts
Personally, i thought bristol volksfest was ok.

Not the best one ever by far, but at least there was plenty of lovely sun.

The mk4 turn out was very poor, and it was a shame that only 4 of us made it onto the uk-mkiv's stand.

Thanks guys for making the effort. It was worth it, even with my hangover.

The girlfriend didn't understand what we all found so facinating, but never mind eh?

I'd say the show was very well organised this year, but there definately seem to something major lacking.

Like mk1, mk3, mk4 and mk5 golfs.

There were some fantastic mk2 golfs and a good showing of scirocco's and corrado's.

No real sign of any other water-cooled v-dubs tho.

The air-cooled clubs were out in force as usual.

Don't know where all the trade stand got to this year. Apart from volks
bits, it was mainly only rusty old air cooled parts for sale.

As for food, forget it, unless you wanted to queue for an hour.

I won't even mention the loos.

Come on Bristol-Volksfest sort us out a decent show for next year!!!

Great pictures above!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
there are permanent blocks being built and also tarmaced roads through the sites. the showground has just recently been bought and is gonna be the home for volksfest for the forseeable.

a friend of mine is in bath aircooled and they helped organise it. aparently the show used up not even 2/3rds of the space they have.

there are 3 entrances and exits but the council only allowed them use of 2 for some reason but the organisers thought one exit had very poor visibility so made do with the one we all used.

it should all be sorted for next year though!

i agree about the lack of stands for mkivs but if the cars don't turn up then what can they do! i was a bit miffed there was no meguirs stand though as there was one at woodhouse park 2 years back [:(]

...and even more miffed there was no hog roast!! sort it out!! [:D]

i'm gonna look into purchasing a big canvas UKMKIVS banner for use at shows too as it would have made our stand look like there was some point to it [;)]

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got friends in bath air cooled too. Rosey, dale, alex and caroline. All major air-cooled fans.

I recon the biggest problem with the show is the lack of advertising.

I've yet to see it mentioned in any vw mags.

No one ever seems to know about it, until it's over for the year.

Maybe next year i'll park my lwb vw LT35 (merc sprinter) at the back of
our stand, and put a massive UK-MKIV's logo down the side.

That should get us noticed!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just thought i'd add a note to say to everyone one on the ukmkiv's stand.

Your cars looked fantastic!!

All done just the way a mk4 should be.

Subtle and stylish.

Not OTT like that sad red R14 thing.

Why do all that to a 1.4s??

If you think that's sad, check out this monstrosity...

http://www.bristol-cruise.com/carphotos.asp?id=4

It used to be a sunny GTIR.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts