Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the differences between the two?

EG Colour coded bumpstrips, suspension, bumpers, etc.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The sad thing is VW made them all look the same!!!

I think the 'lesser' petrol and diesel models never got the colour coded strips other than that, I think you would need to look inside the car for notable differences. Recaros, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Also all non gt golfs all had lesser engines and only 5 gears, thats if were talking pd. All pd gt tdi's had 6 gears, and traction control?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
main obvious ones...

rear clusters - if it has orange fill for indicators, basic model

same with side indicators if they're orange.

also the wheels, they're steelies with hubcaps.

door handles aren't colour coded, nor most bump strips

jammy

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think towards the end of the line they just threw any old parts on that were left in the box.

I see many 03 or 53 reg Golfs with orange light clusters but Avus II alloys and black bumpers, or the other way round.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah my GTTDI has got the smoked yeah clusters and not orange. Clear side reapeaters as well.

No roof spoiler

On the GTTDIs as well the 115, 130 and 150 had 6 gears and Traction Control...the 110 didn't

Colour coded sides, front and back

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine came with votex kit fitted as new. Roof spoiler,side skirts and colour coded.Smoked rear lights and clear repeaters.My GTi had Recaro seats,these are the same seats but dont say recaro on em which kinda p1ssed me off.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Seems to be a few misconceptions on here. I think you'll find that all spoilers, sideskirts etc would be an optional extra.

As for spoilers only being on a Anni, that is true if you mean (as standard).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Seems to be a few misconceptions on here. I think you'll find that all spoilers, sideskirts etc would be an optional extra.

As for spoilers only being on a Anni, that is true if you mean (as standard).
I agree...The full kit on mine was a dealer extra.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have a 99 plate gt tdi, it has a spoiler, smoked rear clusters., smoked side repeaters, sports intrerior i.e better seats , 3 spoke steering wheel + arm rest. not 1 hundred percent sure on the lower suspension but think it is.[:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts