Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered some virosol..... so what are the directions for this stuff?? I'm gonna use it for my standard wheels and engine.... do you water it down or use a spray bottle????

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I use it 1 part Virosol/MC2 to 10 parts water (1:10) which does a pretty good job of keeping my wheels clean.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yeah, I use pretty much the same mix on my wheels. I used a 1:5 mix on my engine bay though as it was filthy.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
How long do you guys leave it on the wheels? I used it for the first time last week, wheels were moderately dirty, not terrible...... sprayed it on, left it 5mins, tried to jetwash off, and it wouldnt budge.... tried another wheel, left for 10 mins, still wouldnt spray off, had to give it a real going over with a a sponge, and still left brake dust on them...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I agree chris... I need to use it neat to get any results...

It doesn't shift and engine dirt.. I need to use swissol engine cleaner neat for that...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Suffered the last time I did mine too. First time no problem, upped to 1-5 dilution but did twice seemed to work better. That said my wheels/car only get done every 2-3 weeks which at the moment = 2000+miles. Even wonderwheels needs repeat application for me, dunno whats in Volvo brake pads [:I]

I apply from a garden spray bottle.

You can buy it from here.

http://www.jantastic.co.uk/acatalog/Jantastic_Household_Products_6.html

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Lads (Martyn and Chris) stop being so lazy!!

You can't just leave it sitting there!! You have to use a soft brush and if you let the Virosol/MC2 dry in you won't shift it at all.

I jet wash the wheel to get the loose dirt off. Spray it onto the wheel. Turn the power on jet wash down and put a splash of water on wheel and then get to work with the brush, right inside the wheel and then do the spokes.

When all that is done, I take the jet wash to the wheel and there ya go, a wheel you could eat your dinner off!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Irish on 17/04/2005 16:26:54

Lads (Martyn and Chris) stop being so lazy!!

You can't just leave it sitting there!! You have to use a soft brush and if you let the Virosol/MC2 dry in you won't shift it at all.

I jet wash the wheel to get the loose dirt off. Spray it onto the wheel. Turn the power on jet wash down and put a splash of water on wheel and then get to work with the brush, right inside the wheel and then do the spokes.

When all that is done, I take the jet wash to the wheel and there ya go, a wheel you could eat your dinner off!

Sounds good to me Irish!!! - I'll take your advice and see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 17/04/2005 16:06:24

You need to use a non abrasive brush to agrovate it behind the dirt... THAT will shift it [;)]

[;)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You can do that too but unless your wheels have wax on them from last wash and only a few days brake dust it won't come off totally without a brush...

·
Registered
521 Posts
and it will take the wax off too, if the concentration strong enough.

I have always had to brush the wheels as well, to help remove the brake dust.

John.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts