Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started after I got the MOT check.

When the car is warm it idles at 1800rpm...occasionally dropping to normal idle temperature then shooting back up.

The car also hunts, as in if i dab the throttle it sticks on the same revs for a second before dying down.

If I doing 4000rpm and i put my foot on the clutch, it takes a second before the revs would drop down.

Anyone ever had this?

I bought a new Coolant Temp Sensor and will fit it soon, but wondering if it could be anything else?

Cheers!

·
Registered
338 Posts
i had the same problem, i cleaned my throttle body and the Coolant Temp Sensor and that solved my problem, 3 months down the line it's doing it again. so i'm not to sure what the problem is as i have just checked my tbh and it's clean. but yeah hopefully the Coolant Temp Sensor should solve your problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basic vagcom check gave a running rich error, if that changes anything?

lee can you explain more about the fuel trim code? how do I find out if it has a fuel trim code?

Cheers!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds like you have an air leak, i put my house on it that you have a fuel trim code in the ecu memory
my down pipe has blown before the o2 sensor do you think this would be my problem with the high idle?

i also got 42 miles to 20 quid today :(

i need to change the down pipe asap if you have any time next week lee.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right been poking around the car and found a split hose..but I have no idea what it is!

It's under the inlet manifold, to the very right. A small brown/gold pipe runs right under the inlet manifold to it, and it connects to a larger hose which plugs into the right hand side of the engine, think the larger hose is called the main breather pipe?

Any ideas what my split pipe is called so I can get it replaced? Got a big gash in it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.