Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I need to add some autowindows, mod my ccm ( changind it 1j0->1c0, adding IRU & DWA). I know that i need vds pro for it. I have bought ibm T23 laptop (rs232 port) for this job and some rs232 cable. I cannot connected to eec. Where i can buy working cable?

BTW i have usb cables (vag tacho 2,5 , vag tacho 3 and genuine Ross-Tech) but i guess those wont help anything?

Posted Image

Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe you need a serial rs232 cable to make VDS happy and connect, have you tried playing around with the connection settings within VDS?

And i presume the correct drivers are installed? - i know it sounds silly but i thought i would ask anyway!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! I have one rs232 cable, and now i ordered 2 more. But this what i already have should working with vds pro, someone have tested. I have change connection speed aswell. But nothing. Maybe my laptop is too "new"?

·
Registered
205 Posts
It must be something to do with the connection settings. Afterall you have the right cable (kkl interface), serial connection (rs232), program (VDS Pro)!

After double checking that you have s elected the correct com port, the only thing that i can think of is the baudrate settings.

So have you had this set-up working before and it isnt working now?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you fiddled with the connection settings? My VDS versions comes with two different settings, but the baudrates listed are 10472, then 9600, 4800, 2400, 1200, 600

Have you systematically went through and adjusted each setting - ie: no setting type works?

·
Registered
205 Posts
So when your running it in dos and youve typed in the folder destination of VDS pro its been able to run it (something like A:\>vdc_e.exe) if it runs it suggests you have the correct cable. As youve taken a screen print of vds i presume that you had not problems within dos and it loaded up fine. This means the cable is correct!...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Try a fixed baudrate setting and with a value of 9600 as this has seemed to work for some.

Also some advised if you have problems try this: connect everything up but have the car turned off!. Boot into vds and then when it times out, then turn the ignition on, and then try to connect. (worth a try but it sounds weird!)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So when you start up the computer does it automatically load up VDS Pro?
Yes. I get this one guy and he is running this without problems. I also copied baudrates... But nothing, he is thinking that my computer may be too new or loom dont work. I know golf iv 4motion 2000 is hard to connect.But im running out of ideas now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Try a fixed baudrate setting and with a value of 9600 as this has seemed to work for some.

Also some advised if you have problems try this: connect everything up but have the car turned off!. Boot into vds and then when it times out, then turn the ignition on, and then try to connect. (worth a try but it sounds weird!)
Nothing :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
So if you know someone who has it working using the same cable and cd, then it would suggest something is up with your computer!

Can you use a different computer, maybe an old desktop computer with a long extension lead to the car?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have 4 laptop, but only one has this rs232 port :( Software should work, the cable should work ( i get link and one guy says that someone have tested it and it works) So it have to be computer....Maybe too "new". I try to buy ibm thinkpad 380ed now...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.