Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
er, I don't get it

I've seen these, and I've seen a Vectra estate, they are virtually the same car, so whats the point??!!

I know its a Vauxhall so I shouldn't give a sh**, just curious!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Aye, it's a totally pointless car. It only has 4 seats too! There is no rear bench, it's just two seats! Old Volvo 480 stylee!

As with virtually everything Vauxhall - rubbish. (That oughta get the Astra boys going)

·
Registered
586 Posts
I mean how many so called mini-MPVs has Vauxhall got, I mean why have Zafira, Meriva, and Agila at the same time? Its like lets have the smallest MPV possible!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am driving a SIGNUM today!! I picked up my hire car in Brussels this morning, and they said "we have UPGRADED you to a Signum!!" Having driven it, a 2.0 dti, I am left wondering what pile of crap I was upgraded from!! It is truly awful, terrible dash an dsterring wheel, both design and driving position is poor. And it is soo slow, a TDI passat anaihalated me on the E19, as the traffic cleared at about 90mph, the Signum, just had nothing, as I pulled in at about 150kmh, he tanked past me, sha,king his head!! ohh the shame of it!

It does rev to near 5 k though, but only in neutral at the lights. We had a bet to see how long I dare hold it foot to the floor in neutral in a traffic jam this morning!! I chickeded out at 48 seconds! LOL Will I break the minute by the weekend....!!!>>!

What a shed!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mate, it is a joke. Has just no go, oh and the brakes are unreal. They bite after about an inch of travel, but gradually, if you keep them on, your foot goes a further 8 inches to the floor!! (seriously). As I came down a slip road at about 90mph this morning, I began to brake, then my foot went lower and lower to the floor. I reached down and managed to pull the seat lever up, and drag the seat closer to the wheel, so I could keep pressure on the pedal so I would not hit the truck stopped at the bottom!! Weird!! I think they have done the anti-ock system, by putting pinholes in the lines!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I will try to get some "Signum abuse" pictures while I am here. Not sure it has enough oomph for a burnout, but the handbrake seems good!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
The 3.0v6 Dti with an Isuzu sourced lump is decent performer, I actually like the look of them tbh. The newer ones are using Fiat sourced engines for the 1.9Dti with similar bhp and torque figures to the 150pd.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
They are like Argentinian currency!! If he had waited til the afternoon, he'd have got it for ?8k! LOL

Nasty lump of metal!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 13/10/2004 15:31:51

I chickeded out at 48 seconds! LOL Will I break the minute by the weekend....!!!>>!

What a shed!

Hahahaha[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The black ones with tints remind me of the monoliths in that fillum "2001 A space Oddysey".

Thing is, i also kinda like the clean looks of the Signum, but after seeing the inside, I changed my opinion.

Did the designer have a job at Delorean perhaps? or even Lada??

Depreciation so high, I expect private buyers will love 'em.

Expect to see pikeys and the like in near-new ones with a blizzard of st.george flags dotted all over.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well the Signum was deposited at Brussels and I told them what a piece of crap it was too! They just shrugged in agreement!

I have a Focus C max this week. I have to report its a hoot to drive, amazing limpit like grip, (seriously), virtually unstickable even with the DSP off and the tdi motor being ragged to death!

Hate to say it, but in a different league to the touran I had a few months back over here....! VW could pick up some suspension tips from the blue oval boys I am aftaid!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts