Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Follwing my previous thread from 3 weeks ago : ** JUST CRASHED MY CAR 9:20pm** = http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/746011.aspx. Well the car is coming along nicley i must say. I hadnt seen it for 2 weeks now but here some pics i took from today.

The cars bumpers have been stripped, wing replaced, and they are currently priming the kit for spraying.

WING REPLACED

Posted Image

BUMPERS REMOVED

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of you may already no the mods I have planned and the virtual picture i got made by a mate which include my new lights, kit and wheels:

My Virtual Car **RESULT** - http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/755933.aspx

Total mods: Full R32 Kit, Milltek R32 Exhaust, FK blk Angel Lights, Xenon HID kit 6000k, Seat Leon R front splitter, 18" Chrome Wheels.

******************* SHOULD BE DONE BY SATURDAY 23TH DECEMBER - HO HO HO MEERY MERRY CHRISTMAS :) ***************

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your getting your car done from the same place who did mine just last week. I had my bump strips and door handles all colour coded and badges colourcoded too along with some repairs through insurance.

Cant recommend the garage enough though. They do a brilliant job!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice list of mods m8 it will look ace when its done [Y]

Where abouts is this bodyshop I need some things painted for my motor ?

Cheers

Jatie

·
Registered
476 Posts
Cheers dude [Y]

ilford is mileage for me will have to find a decent place around heathrow area ....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys,

Only time will tell to see if all this pulls off.

Bloody hell never did i think we would be on the forum chatting about jags bodyshop in Ilford.... to be honest iv seen a few of his cars and they look spot on...thats why i opted to go for him...

Lucky for Tango he can go through insurance...poor sods like me are forking out a bomb!!!

Lets hope they live to full expectations then tango....

·
Registered
176 Posts
You won't be dissapointed. I was really happy with my car, it looks better now then it did pre-accident. I'll post some photos up soon once I have my alloys on.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update....

Cars on schedule for tommorrow which is good news... just needs spraying to black now....

Alloys are in by 3 o'clock today....(top stuff)

HID kit came through this morning

Millteks exhaust is ready for collection today.

And just confimed my new policy with Adrian Flux...?984 fully comp, like for like on all mods, ?8000 valuation, drive any car 3rd party now..

I think im nearly ready to rock n roll... :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Was expecting to see an R32 engine in the car with that thread title! With the bumper and wing off, it would have been a great time to add a FMIC in there!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah thats a fair point mate...ill stick with a revo stage two for now though

But i had a crash on driver side wing so had to get the repairs done along with the mods...but the mods kept mounting and money is getting dreadfully loww.

They rekon i have a split in the intercooler and they have tried welding it so ill see hwo that goes. Did consider the Front mounted one but i was getting quotes of around ?1000 IMO that can wait.

Only planned to go for the conversion as i picked up a original R32 kit for ?600

Then needed the Exhaust, then the wheels, lights, HID kit and to be honest mate i never really wanted to go all out.....

But hey whats done is done.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
supposed to be picking the car up today...

from what i know today they have ALOT to do...

• Spray some panel as they have been primed already
  • Respray the front bumber agaub, as he messed the last one
  • Fit the kit already sprayed and ready to go
  • Fit my Milltek exhaust
  • Fit my HID kit

Correct me if im wrong but these guys have no chance in doing ALL THIS by close of business can they? Especially considering they havent opened up this morning till at least 11am..

Any Expert Bodayshop guys on here that can tell me how long this would take two lads to do and how long should i be waiting fr paint to set?

Veesh

·
Registered
535 Posts
When I picked my kit up from my mate who owns a bodyshop I was able to take them away the next day.

Sorry to hear that It wont be ready today.

I know how you are feeling

Wont be long now mate [Y]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ho Ho Ho....Xmas has come early for me!!!

I dont no how they pulled it off but they had the whole kit sprayed and fitted. The HID kit was already done by 1 o clock. Just had to go pick up the wheels and drop em off.

Only problem was that the exhaust wasnt fitted as they were hoping for another garage to do it but there close :(

And apart from a few alignment issues its all looking rather impressive.. i took some pics but it ws kinda dark.

Ill take a few during the day and post them up

One happy bunny!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
WOW!

Looks like your car is undergoing some major changes! [Y]

That jags geeza used to have an old bmw didnt he? I was impressed with the spray job on that car! My brother had some work done there to afaik, he does a top job! What sort of money is he charging you! [;)]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah Vish thats the bloke..

Few things i need to sort out on wednesday like the splitter and mabe a some meshing for the bottom of the bumper but ill show you two pics i took today but it was dark and the other one needed a good clean first ;)

This ones without the front grille but you can get an idea

Posted Image

And this ones to dark so ill take soe more tommorrow

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 46 Posts