Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my current project/daily/workhorse, shes a 2001 mk4 4-door SE tdi 90bhp, this is what it looked like when i got herin 2009, it had been serviced and mot'd were i work (maindealer) for most of its life so didnt need hardly any work doing

Posted Image

Posted Image

engine covers painted black magic

Posted Image

now the mods:

suspention:

jom coilovers

eibach front arb

powerflex dogbone mount

all bushes changed for new OE, wishbones, axcle etc

312mm brakes

engine: stage 1

pd130 turbo

0.216 injectors

EMP performance turbo back exhaust

open airfilter

ArtOfSpeed.net remap

interior:

full recaro interior

3spoke steering wheel

tt pedals

9n2 polo gear knob

boost gauge

exterior:

black headlights, grill and mirror covers

textured ani front valance

sleeper 1.4 badge lol.

the engine mods are only basic for the moment, it made 155bhp and 230lbs.ft before the remap just with some of my fueling mods ;) with the remap it should have around the same bhp figures over a much wider band and more torque, trying to sort out a rolling road session at the moment,

mods to come, Vagworld turbo conversion, much larger injectors, custom front mount, 6 paddle clutch with single mass ++

heres some pics of here now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alot of hard work went into them, i done them for my mums car a few years ago, need to be done again

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went down to santapod last sunday for RWYB which was a fail lol, got up nice and early to meet fred (artofspeed.net) to upload my santapod file :twisted: , got to santapod for 9, waited till one till they had dried the track (hmmm not realy dry :lol: ) then on my 1st run as i camr to the 1/8 mile a boost pipe went pop lol game over for that day, only managed a 16.7, but at least i was able to drive home unlike the honda s2000 owner who demonstrated how wet it was by geting sideways down the quater mile and puting it in the wall backwards :shock: :shock:

i went up there with ben in his ibiza tdi which has been prepaired by ben and me (vagworld) and maped by artofspeed, he managed a 14.6, we was hoping for a quicker time but due to the weather we couldnt get a good launch, i only managed a 14.9 in it :roll: :roll:

any way heres the pics, tt comps have been sold, the 15's in the pics have been sold, im running on steelies which are going to someone tomorrow and i should be fitting the lm reps, 18x8.5 all round and im going to fit 215/40s and play with some spacers, vids will follow shortly as you tube takes forever!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/cconstantinou/santapod/P1020450.jpg

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
oh hang on, i thought this was a PD130!!

the vr6/g60 clutch i had in mine took a hell of a lot of abuse with no ill effects(4x4 octavia estate running 200bhp for a couple years then ~280bhp), infact i blew a bearing out of the casing on a launch before the clutch even slipped!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the vr/g60 combo is a good option, i have fitted a few, i fitted a paddle clutch to the ibiza in the vid, i quite like it, i no the vr/g60 is very good on the 20vts but not sure how it will stand up on the tdi, it will have to be able to handle 300+ lbs,ft before NOS, it costs abit more then for the paddle clutch but it will be peace of mind

i have fitted the lm reps, 18x8.5s all round with 215/40/18s falkens, 15mm spacers on the rear, ill stick some pics up when i can be botherd to go out in the cold lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Posted Image

lm 's are on, 18x8.5 all round with 215/40/18 falkens, ive also got a set of 235/45/18 contisport 3s for 1/4 mile, i love way they sit with the 15mm spacers at the back, your cant realy see the stance in the pic ( crappy ipone), when i set the ride hieght i had a full tank, now its nearly empty so the arse is in the air lol
im going to try to go amd rollng road day to see what shes pushing, took the turbo off today to change the cold side to a clip on type (long story) gave it a quick inspection and its better then i thought, no play what so ever, vnt is completly free, and no wear on the turbine, considering my driving style ( and bens who had the turbo before me) plus me keep bugging fred to run a very agresive map lol, should be going emp on weds to get a turbo - intercooler pipe made up

il get some pics up of the wheels and pipes, and my new turbo when i get it back from having a laser cut cad designed adapter made up from voodoo motorsport

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got the car washed today so decided to get fred to take some pics of candy with the latest mods, wheels, miniture expansion tank and number plate (which fits the car perfect!!)
i also got my turbo to intercooler pipe made by EMP which is excelent, but i will update it later once i get the car in the air and get some pics of it, any way heres the pics!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/cconstantinou/sainsburys/P1020489.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right, this is the turbo to intercooler pipe eldin from www.empperformance.com had made up for me, i need this pipe made up for two reasons

1: i have fitted the pd130 turbo and the standard pipe work does not match up
2: if you have seen the standard turbo to intercooler pipes on the tdi's and 20vt's you will no how much of a restiction it is, he has made it so its as free flowing as it can be and does not touch the wheel on full lock or interfere with the drive shaft

it has made a drivable difference to my car and boost is alot smoother cant wait to get her on a rolling road!!!

Posted Image

1 - 18 of 18 Posts