Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! just a quick one. Can anybody give me some guidance regarding using VAGCOM? I have seen numerous "kits" on Evilbay for £10 - £14 quid including software and cable etc - are they any good or am I wasting time and money? I know genuine ones from ross - tech are around £300 so there must be a difference right? Where do you guys buy yours from? And finally - where abouts is the VAGCOM plug on my car. which is A 2001 Golf GT TDI 115? Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers chris - will look into it - although if an ebay jobbie will not do a full scan then there is not much point as I dont have the money to buy a full on ross tech scanner at 300 + quid - I'd just take it to a dealers at that money. Do you know if the ebay type will do a full scan? Even if it takes a lot longer?

·
Registered
69 Posts
eBay ones are alright if you don't mind fiddling to get it started initially. Make sure the baud rate in the settings is set to 9600, otherwise it might take forever to find your car. You cab do scans but you have to do them individually... I only ever check engine myself so don't mind. Get it.. Have a few plays with it and decide whether it's cost offensive to buy the proper cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts