Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

im after an aftermarket exhaust but im not sure if i want a discreet one or to have a couple of pipes exiting the rear.

obviously i would have to get a 4motion rear valance but iv been told if i have a vehicle other than a 4motion VW the exhaust would exit under the valance rarther than through the valance like the 4motion.

is this the norm cos i would like the rear of my car to mimic the 4motion & not just like like an after market add on.

cheers

N

sorry if in the wrong forum!

·
Registered
206 Posts
ive just bought the rear v6 valance from stealers last week, ?42 think it was, look since gettin both it sprayed up at the min, but ive got to order the miltek 2morrow,

does anyone know how much the delivery charge is from awseome gti, and how long they take to deliver?

as i am on nites next week and is easier if i am here to take it in from deliver man

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
PM AwesomeAde and ask him. He's a member here and he works for Awesome. He'll do you a good price. BUT he'll be doing a group buy on Milltek exhausts within the next few weeks and the prices will be LOW!

Will probably be worth waiting to save another ?20 or ?30!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The only downside to fitting the 4mo rear valence is the tow eye cut out is off centre. I fitted a blanking plate made of a piece of thick black plastic glued with araldite and duck tape to the inside of the bumper. Its not perfect but IMO it hides the cut out nicely.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
had mine the same but when i got it colour coded i had a small piece from the same place on the old valance plastic welded in and smoothed over before spraying.

my exhaust is a VWRacing one,got it from a friend at trade parts,it's stamped on the end of both tips with VWRacing.[8D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I know this is a post from the past BUT!

How did everyone find the fitment of the rear valence? Did it fit flush the whole way round???
funny, fitted mine last month, one side went in fine, but the exhaust side fits the valance stick out a little right where it meets the bumper, small difference but annoying none the less,

should this be a perfect fit ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.