Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, After giving the Supercharger conversion some thought and a lot of phone calls latter i have decided to go for a Turbo conversion instread. www.eiptuning.com (the guys with the mental R32 Bi-tubro) have been very very helpful. With the items that i have and am looking at getting, 350-400BHP would be a realistic power figure.

So the spec so far is.....

A custom maifold.

New ECU

HKS T4 / T3 Hybrid Roller bearing turbo

Low Compression Pistons

Metal gaskets

Nice Big Intercooler

Nice new Clutch ETC

I was thinking of doing a feature on the progress of the project if you guys and girls would want to follow it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Andy - I'd love to know how you get on and would follow this with great interest indeed [;)]

This is something I would like to do a year or so away on my 4Mo TBH but I'll keep it looking standard on the exterior though. Keep posting updates on all the work you do please [^]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Having nearly gone through this myself, I think it would be a great thing to watch you go through the (4)motions! [;)]

We want lots of pictures! hehe

·
Registered
837 Posts
OOoh. Cool. Keep us posted on this one mate. Sounds interesting. It's the kind of thing I'd love to do.....but would never have the bottle !

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
loads of before, during, after pics please... I know its not the same car, but I am also looking going to be doing something big to my 1.8T, Hope it all goes well mate!
Posted Image

·
Registered
570 Posts
So the concensus is this - we want plenty of photos - before, during and after. Plenty of written stuff too if possible.

Good luck BTW

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Andy

If it's like all the r32 upgrades, it won't fit a rhd car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
loads of pics dont worry guys.

As for the RHD issues, we will get round that. I have a good company doing the work with me, The guy who runs the firm used to be a head tech at VW so he knows the cars inside out. He is confident that it will all fit in.

We are going to have to get a horny manifold made to make it all work, and lucky for me i there is guy round the corner from me who does just that.

EIP recokon that i will be able to make it work with some tinkering.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote: posted by VR6_Turbo on 05/09/2004 10:54:45

I own a Turbo VR6, and it also is 4WD but it is in a mk2 shell. VR6 engines turbocharged are superb!!!

Not blue is it??

1 - 20 of 75 Posts