Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been looking and reading up on this forum for around a year now, that was when I first got my 1.8 gti turbo.

I have plenty of ideas for my car but as I have kids it will be a slow process plus I has to sort out from what I've read some pretty standard problems on a MK4.

The problem I have is although I have my Hayes manual in one hand and my iPad with uk-mkiv's on the screen in the other, I could do with some local guidance and help!

First problem I want to solve is the interior lighting and puddle light none operation, as well as why I have had two ignition coils go on me in under 6 months!

Please post a reply if you are local, I would like to tie up with someone who will be able to help me programme a replacement CCM and sort a spare key!

Thank you in advance Gavin

·
#teamGIMP
464 Posts
Welcome!

For the CCM you'll need someone with VAG COM, for the programming of a key you'll need VAG COM and VAG Tacho.

Was it the same coil that failed?

Ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ben,

Not sure on if its the same coil yet it's sat out side my house looking sad at the minute until I get paid!

I'm in southend as I put on my post title!

When you say VAG COM AND VAG tacho, I take it you would need to p,it the car in via the management plug and reprogramme?

Gavin

·
#teamGIMP
464 Posts
Hi Gavin,

Sorry, i noticed after i posted and edited it, but i guess you can see i was asking where you are! lol

Yea, VAG Com and VAG Tacho are software used by all Volkswagen Audi Group vehicles. VAG Tacho allows access to the dash computers, your clocks specifically. VAG Com is the full diagnostic system which gives access to everything else.

Immo 2 & 3 VDO dash clocks have the immobiliser built into the clocks, so you need VAG Tacho to reprogramm a key, but there is a PIN code you need to do it, and if i remember correctly, you need to get the PIN out of the system using VAG Com, so you need both to do the job, annoyingly. But i suppose it stops people being able to reprogram immobilisers with new keys with the VAG Tacho Unit (Which can be bought from eBay for less than £20, VAG Com costs circa £250-300)

I would be suprised if its the same coil pack, but since its less than 6 months old, i would imagine its covered by a 12 month parts warranty?

Post a thread in the MK4 section under engine, asking for someone with VCDS, and im sure someone local will take a look for beer tokens

Ben

·
#teamGIMP
464 Posts
Also, its likely the problem you are having is down the the drivers door module, rather than the CCM. Check the CCM for water ingress, if the area around it is dry, get someone to check it with VAG Com first, but i would put bets on it being the door module.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CCM is under the dash isn't it on the drivers side by the steering wheel? Our am I completely off track?

·
#teamGIMP
464 Posts
[quote user="gavinh82"]

CCM is under the dash isn't it on the drivers side by the steering wheel? Our am I completely off track?

[/quote]

Nope thats right :)

www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/413264.aspx

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi gavin im in southend and got my 1.8t few months ago i have both vag.com and vagtacho which ive just bought if You need anything let me no i work at a garage and will be happy to try help and keep your costs down

tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi Turbo_T just moved from london to southend and in need of a reliable mechanic for my golf mk4 1.6SE and my dads mk4 2.0TDI golf.....i need my rear axle bushes changed and ive got an intermittent start problem atm sometimes i walk out starts fine every time for weeks then i can go out wont start unless i shake car and pump gas pedal?? once started its drives completely fine ,no pattern in when it wont start could be cold hot after a long or short journy ?? ive got a emissions workshop message up dunnno if that helps? cleaned carb where i could made no change, had fuel,oil,air and pollen filters changed ..... would greatly appreciate a reply of any advise you may have. possible pop down to your garage as im local. jake

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the slow response Tony, I shall probably try and pop down to see you in the morning are you there?

Thanks Gavin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks need to get to the bottom of the problem first to see if it is that module! But if it is I'll try just putting one once diagnosed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.