Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just searching my local dealers and one has a second hand black GTI for sale... i know i shouldnt but i am tempted lol

anyway

55reg (September 2005)
8800 miles
Xenons
CD Changer in arm rest
Highline
Black Metalic paint

I presume its ex demo, is this a good price??

Also i would not be sure about owning an ex demo... it will have been ragged from new from cold [:'(]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
About ?1300 worth of extras fitted, I like the sound of Xenons and yes ex demos concered me in my search for a GTi.

But having said that,there no way of knowing how any used motor has been treated.

You will have a good long warranty with it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah xenons are great, its hard to find cars with them fitted [:'(]

So did you buy second hand... also was it ex demo??

Forgot to add its a 5door too

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah xenons are great, its hard to find cars with them fitted [:'(]

So did you buy second hand... also was it ex demo??

Forgot to add its a 5door too
I ended up buying new,but only because I got lucky, I sent about 12 emails to various dealers and one had stock

But if not I had made my mind up to order new,as I was fedup with dealer asking nearly new money for used cars.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i have just worked out its ?3,335 cheaper than if i got it new.....

Trying to work out the sums in my headfor affording it and if its worth going for new etc

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Something that might give you a clue as to how hard a life it's had,see if the front tyres are the same make as the rears,if they have been changed at 8k I'd say it's been used.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
yeah, i have just worked out its ?3,335 cheaper than if i got it new.....

Trying to work out the sums in my headfor affording it and if its worth going for new etc
Might be worth considering,with new cars having 12 weeks build date,you could maybe save some extra dosh towards it price tag.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Personally I wouldn't even consider anywhere near the ?700 or so they're asking for Xenons. The Mk5 headlights are pretty good (especially compared with the Mk4) and don't really need upgrading.

Sean

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No i havnt, dont have a clue where to look in all honesty.... i would do a search as i am sure its been discussed b4, but i am leaving now for a meal with the girly.... main thing is i would like a P/X too, and places like drive the deal dont offer than (i know they dont sell imports tho)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No i havnt, dont have a clue where to look in all honesty.... i would do a search as i am sure its been discussed b4, but i am leaving now for a meal with the girly.... main thing is i would like a P/X too, and places like drive the deal dont offer than (i know they dont sell imports tho)
Try this company http://www.euroimports.co.uk/html/about.asp PX no problem,either phone or email Richard Beach.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't touch an import.

In the event of being sold a complete duffer, your contract is with the seller. I do not think you would get the same support from an import broker as you can from a UK franchised dealer.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

In the event of being sold a complete duffer, your contract is with the seller. I do not think you would get the same support from an import broker as you can from a UK franchised dealer.
Depends who you buy through as some are supplied through UK VW dealers and have 2 years VW warranty, you pays your money and takes your chances.

For some people upto ?2k is a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

Depends who you buy through as some are supplied through UK VW dealers and have 2 years VW warranty, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Cars supplied by brokers, sourced through UK VW dealers have the full dealer backed 3 year warranties - I thought?

UK cars from brokers are not getting much in the way of discounts yet on UK cars.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

Cars supplied by brokers, sourced through UK VW dealers have the full dealer backed 3 year warranties - I thought?

UK cars from brokers are not getting much in the way of discounts yet on UK cars.
Broker handled cars through UK Dealers get 2 years VW warranty.and not the third year Dealer.

I think it?s the Dealers who do the scare mongering when imports are concerned.

Euro import told me that after paying them a ?1000 depo,I could pay the balance to them or the supplying VW Dealer direct after the car arrived in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> before I took delivery.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Broker handled cars through UK Dealers get 2 years VW warranty.and not the third year Dealer.

I think it?s the Dealers who do the scare mongering when imports are concerned.

Euro import told me that after paying them a ?1000 depo,I could pay the balance to them or the supplying VW Dealer direct after the car arrived in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> before I took delivery.
From DrivetheDeal's website

Q: Do I get any warranties

A: Yes, as you are purchasing from a UK main dealership, your warranties are exactly the same as if you order the car from your local dealership. This means that the manufacturer will pay any UK main dealer of your choice to do warranty work.

So, a UK car supplied by a UK dealer with a price negotiated on your behalf by a broker will get the full dealer backed 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought a Mk5 GTI import from a company in South Wales and their service was great. I paid ?18300 all in. The car is identical to any GTI you'd buy from a dealer and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I sold it last month hardly lost any money at all as it's still in high demand.

I was going to buy one from Euro Imports but they couldn't keep to their delivery date.

Sean

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I bought a Mk5 GTI import from a company in South Wales and their service was great. I paid ?18300 all in. The car is identical to any GTI you'd buy from a dealer and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I sold it last month hardly lost any money at all as it's still in high demand.

I was going to buy one from Euro Imports but they couldn't keep to their delivery date.

Sean
Interesting, thank for the info Sean.when you sold your import,did any Dealers try to knock you on price?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.