Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering what kind of gadgets I can buy to utilise the 12v output in the boot. The best I have come up with so far is a Bluetooth GPS reciever so I can get Sat Nav on my mobile. Could have it constantly charging without it getting in the way. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Most people that I know of use it for plugging in an Air compressor. Handy if you get a flat and use the tyre foam. You can then pump the tyre at the side of the road.

:?)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good call, might start looking around for one. The inverters are excellent. Can use the power washer on the car without the need of an extension lead [Y]
I think you might have a bit of a problem power washing the car with the boot open mate![:)]
Can do the front and the back at two separate intervals [:)]

Its going to have to be a fridge though for the summer I think. Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6621336356&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems like a plan! [;)]

The fridge looks quality, I was just thinking about an inverter for using a hoover as well, the crappy 12v car one I have now is useless... this could quickly get out of hand!

I have a bora too with a boot big enough to live in, if I got myself a TV in there and...

·
Knows nothing about cars, even less about Golfs&#3
932 Posts
Yep i have a desktop fridge, got it for like ?15, but it's got a cig lighter connection as well as mains, may well give it a go in the summer!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems like a plan! [;)]

The fridge looks quality, I was just thinking about an inverter for using a hoover as well, the crappy 12v car one I have now is useless... this could quickly get out of hand!

I have a bora too with a boot big enough to live in, if I got myself a TV in there and...

Tv is an idea. Deffinatly worth giving a go just because we can [:D]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Got a fridge in mine from Next.co.uk, lasted me for three years so far!!! And it can keep things warm too!!!

The Prawn
what - like a Thermos?

David Beckham never did realise why his coffee got cold and his choc ice melted

1 - 19 of 19 Posts