Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oks i am wanting to fit the US side markers on my golf [standard bumper] so what do i need parts etc and is there any guides as i lost all my links how to's last week when my internet browser failed and wont open lol

Thinking of these side markers
http://www.eurowagens.com/en/vw/golf-4-bora/side-marker-lights-vw-golf-mk4-bora-1.html

But don't know how to wire them up to the indicators, or what i need to do to fit the markers in to the strip

Any help would be great, Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Im wanting to do the same- got a full shopping list for eurowagens haha.

Chris with the Green 20v has done it.

Personally i think im guna do the us rub strip and modify the clips to make it fit as its nice and smooth without the recess for the numberplate. Sit a jap style plate lower front left.

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Personally i think im guna do the us rub strip and modify the clips to make it fit as its nice and smooth without the recess for the numberplate. Sit a jap style plate lower front left.
You'll have to get a US fron bumper as well then fella unless you're handy and can also get hold of fusor. The US rub strip is longer to fit the US Bumper which is also bigger so you will need to chop a chunk out the middle of the US rubstrip and fuse it together as well as modifying the clips if you're wanting to run it on a UK spec bumper.

By the way, the US rub strip is also £70

·
Super Moderator
50,250 Posts
All depends how you want to run them. I chose to run them constantly, so wired them up to the X75 relay under the dash and ground to battery. Fused wire of 10Amps. (sidelight bulbs are 5Amp so 10amp seemed logical)
They're 5 watts and NOT 5 amps,total current draw at 10 watts will be about 1 amp so should have about a 2 amp fuse.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would i be able to use a Uk rub strip cut in to it fit the side markers afix them to the rub strip, then cut in to the bumper behind the markers for the wires & access to the bulb for changing.
Then when i remove the bumper just have a bit more wire so i can get the bumper so far off and disconnect the loom connection to back of lights from the bumper.

Then run the loom from my side indicators ?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Im running mine with a genuine us loom and on the sidelights on the standard fuse with no probs so far.

No funny rub strips here diy all the way [Y]

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you wire them as indicators then they're not side markers,they're side repeaters.

Chris/
Sorry was a bit inebriated meant side lights lol so they come on with i put the side lights on.

·
Super Moderator
50,250 Posts
Wire them across the 501 sidelights in the headlight clusters,there's plenty of capacity left over for them without needing to change the fuses.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts