Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a set of some rear lights from ECSTuning, but they want $92 shipping. The lights are only $139!! Anyone got any ideas of where I'll be able to procure some?

OEM Jetta GLI Custom on http://www.borabase.hostrocket.com/Lighting.htm is the exact set.

Maybe, OEM Jetta 2004, but just wanna be different!

Any suggestions/thoughts, would be great!

Cheers

Stew

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read some other threads and I'm sure he got his from ECSTuning...don't get me wrong, it's ?150 or something...but i would rather not pay ?50 or ?60 shipping! :)

I've dropped him a pm...we'll see what happens! Plus, I don't have a credit card...so it'll be a chew on...and they require authorization by phone, even if I pay by credit card!

I looked on VagParts...but couldn't find anything...sadly

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
ECS Tuning did my OEM Jetta GLI smoked/red tails for $139.95 and only charged $56 dollars for shipping, got them in 3 days too, give them an email and try and get the shipping rate reduced, all-in with shipping, vat and brokerage charge, mine only cost just under ?140 pounds, bargain IMO... [:D]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it a go. The tails look good? I reckon they'll look fairly smart.

How about fitting? And which bulbs will I need?

Cheers

Stew

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Fitting is a piece of cake mate... unclip your bulb tray, undo 3 8mm nuts and the old lights are out, easy as that!... [:D]

The only extra bulbs you will need are: 2 indicator bulbs that shine amber as the Jetta lamps are clear lenses on the indicator portion - i used silvatec 'chrome' finish bulbs which shine amber but cannot be seen when off through the clear lens, ?9.99 the pair from a local car shop (straight pin fitment needed)

You also need a new fog lamp bulb, again the lamp lens is clear so a 'coloured' bulb is needed - i used a led lamp from halfords which has clear led's that shine red when on (straight pin fitment about a tenner the pair i think)

HTH

Steve

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Mine are ECS Tuning. If you email them first to ask, they will do shipping for $55 ish - they did for me and Beddie too it seems. You then order online as normal and mention the email in the 'other comments' section. Excellent guys at ECS, the lights come packed in more bubble wrap and boxes than you have ever seen

·
Registered
432 Posts
the hella ones don't seem any different from oem see the pics of my car and see if you can tell the difference i can't

craig

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool, i'll probably go for the Hella ones then...see what happens when they mail back!

Thanks for your help/advice...

Any word on legality?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have emailed about shipping and they said it was set by UPS and thats what it is!!! If you have any joy let me know.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How come some people can get it cheaper???ARRGGGHHH

Nightmare! It was 8pm when they emailed me yesterday, I'll let you know later on today how it goes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have not had a problem first MOT at the end of the month since fitting them so will see then,i think i may be due to the foglight bulb hole being blocked which needs drilled out

craigv

·
Registered
11 Posts
there are alot of other websites u can order from besides ECS here in the states (although dont get me wrong....they are a good seller)

www.tmtuning.com

www.euromotivetuning.com

www.pgperformance.com

www.adaracinginnovations.com

www.parts4vw.com

www.impexfap.com

there too many to name.

i know these are a few of the main sellers we use here.

cheers

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
BOSTONVR6, The main problem we have here is US firms willing to ship...most won't do outside the continental USA/ Canada [:(]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts