Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought my car was reflex silver but Ive had a look in the Vehicle data section of my VW book and it says LB7Z, which is satin silver it seems [:s]

Can someone please confirm what colour my car is, need to tell the sprayer by 9am tomorrow ! Pictures are as below

Boot lid

Posted Image

Front hood

Posted Image

Thansk guys !!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Hmm, most good sprayers should keep a reference book of major manufacturers' colours to look up names and paint codes. Then they mix it to match.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. No ones said reflex (yet?) so Im assured its satin silver (touch wood).

[Y][:D]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
110% gurantee yours is Satin.

Mines a 2000 and is Satin Silver. Reflex Silver wasn't available until 2001/02.

You can tell by looking that it has different shades, there's quite
alot of blue in it where as Reflex Silver is just pure silver.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
110% gurantee yours is Satin.
Mines a 2000 and is Satin Silver. Reflex Silver wasn't available until 2001/02.
You can tell by looking that it has different shades, there's quite alot of blue in it where as Reflex Silver is just pure silver.
With the two side by side, you can definitely tell a difference. Satin looks creamier and 'softer' to me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Ad`s, (again [:D])

100% sure myself yours is satin mate on a 2000 plate,mines 2001 "Reflex" LA7W.....as mentioned tho your sprayer will confirm that before he mixs ya paint up..........[Y][Y][Y].

What U having done C/Coded lower valances????

Nick [H]

(Ps......You order ya G/Cotton ok?)

·
Registered
798 Posts
They are completely different, as mentioned above, Satin was only available on earlier cars, Reflex is a metallic paint, whereas Satin is Pearlescent, which gives it a blue tinge when it catches the light.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If the colour code on your white sticker in the service schedule says LB7Z then its definatly Satin Silver............I have never came across a sticker that was wrong before

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Just to re iterate what everyone else has said... definitely Satin Silver LB7Z you have there bud... interesting people say that it has blue in it, I thought it had a lot of yellow. I had quite a bit of experience with the two colours a few weeks back...,

Ive always known I have reflex silver (LA7W) and told my sprayer this. He went to the local paint suppliers and picked up Reflex silver... or so he thought. turns out they had labelled it up as reflex, but it had the LB7Z paint code. Id given him my front bumper todo (along with some other bits) and I knew when I went to pick them up they were wrong. took them home, and had to fit hte bumper cos i needed the 4mo out... in the shade you just about got away with the colour match, although Satin looks flatter, as it has less metallic in it. In the light howver whereas the Reflex silver has a ******/grey look to it, satin definitely has a yellowey appearence next to it.

PS I have since sorted my colour match... and ave to say after the experience.. I much prefer reflex silver.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wallacel - Yup, there is a shade of blue at times ... then theres a creamy affect at times like you said. Thanks

tylerama : Agreed. Thanks

Nickooo : lol, having some kit put on mate ...

didnt order the green cotton filter yet as [:(] as I need to pay the sprayer first (before I run out lol)

spencert : Yup, have to say I tried getting it shiny and mirror-like
but that never happens. Guess its because its Peacecent ! Thanks

20valve : Yup Im going to stick with whats on the sticker (no pun intended). Thanks

evilhomer : Thanks for the confirmation. Yup it does have quite a lot
of blue in it , but only when you see it at different angles.

Thanks again everyone [H]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts