Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please take time to read and ring up!

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,20,22,25,27,8&Board=VWR&Number=141860&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1

I have just spoken to VW customer services about this and got brick wall - the dealer should have told you - we have nothing to do with the dealer - VW are a third party - etc.

I got the guy to admit that if enough people ring then they will ahve to do something and as one dealer is already offering £500 refunds then I think we should be able to get something.

Right, this is the score. Whether you are pi$$ed off about it or not please take 5 minutes to call as you will benefit in the end. Imagine if you are not really that bothered (Riz) and they send you £500 anyway because you tell them you are annoyed about it.

This also affects those of you with "leather/alcantara" and "leather/cloth" as none of it is really leather as the dealer told you.

he admitted that only the two centre pieces at the bottom of the seat and the one piece on the front are lether. All of the rest is vinyl - back, side bolsters and bottom bolsters. This goes for the back seats too. he said that the dealers were all informed of this and told to tell customers. Do you remember being told?

RING AARON NEIGHBOUR on 0800 711 811. He is a bit of a jumped up little so and so, so be sure to give him a bit of stick

The more of us ring the better so please take a few minutes to call. Also the dealer that gave £500 back was doing it on the cloth variation which was standard so those of us who have paid £1900 or £1200 should be after a bit more I reckon.

Block - make sure your old fella rings up too.

--------------------

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

**Posted by busby007 on Tyresmoke.net**

I`ve rang up along with a few other memebers..... £1900 i paid[:(]

Riz

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Iff enough people call they may be inundated and not realise that I don't actually own an R32, but send me £500 anyway!

That will go someway to repairing my dual mass flywheel that will be blowing up soon anyway!!

Give 'em hell, boys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also a damn good idea to e mail "watchdog from Autoexpress they normally get results, Everyone needs to e mail James Baggott, his address is [email protected],

Everyone who is angry must e mail him

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote: posted by Riz 32 on 03/03/2004 12:42:08

please take time to read and ring up!

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,20,22,25,27,8&Board=VWR&Number=141860&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1

I have just spoken to VW customer services about this and got brick wall -

I`ve rang up along with a few other memebers..... £1900 i paid[:(]

Riz

Okay, this is probably me being thick, but are you saying that the "full" leather seats in my R32 aren't ? I assumed that all the seats, front, backs, sides, headrests, door panels we're all real leather (as in animal hide) hence "full leather". Tell me your joking ?

I would have thought that Trading Standards would have a comment on that, Poole TS are very good and just round the corner from my office :)

Anyone else here buy their R32 from Breeze in Poole ? Please PM me or reply to this.

Cheers !

sTTu

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
I thought everyone knew that VW doesn't give you "full leather"?

The Polo GTi that had leather as an option has a lot of PVC...

I agree though that dealers just say "Leather"... Bit of a rip off.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 03/03/2004 21:45:44

I thought everyone knew that VW doesn't give you "full leather"?

The Polo GTi that had leather as an option has a lot of PVC...

I agree though that dealers just say "Leather"... Bit of a rip off.

Yes but this is a con isnt it. Problem is they have been sold 'leather trim - £1900' which implies a leather interior, and virtually none of it is leather. Feel sorry for any R32 owner who paid that I can tell you...hope they get something back.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Quote: posted by Rick18t on 03/03/2004 22:45:17

4Mo and 1.8t cars also????????

I would imagine this applies to all leather interiors, the R32 is the flag ship model, so I can't see lesser models being any different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jesus, I've been ranting on about this for 2 years and only now people have realised !

VW DO NOT supply FULL leather seats

Only the face of the seat is covered with leather (cheap, thin worthless stuff)

Side and rear of seat is covered with leatherette (vinyl), same with the door panels.

I've always said, buy a car with heated recaros in cloth, and then go for a full retrim.

This way you:

a) save money over the dealer price,

b) get far superior hide,

c) its all covered in leather rather than just the face

d) specify EXCATLY what type/colour/spec of leather to be used.

Even if you are foolish enough to specify VW leather, you will soon realise that after a few 1000 miles how quickly it starts to sag, wrinkle and show signs of wear. Not good.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't have an R32 (or indeed any leather interior).

But can you just clarify: If you paid for the "Half Leather"/"Part Leather" option - ie with cloth or alcantara centre panels. Do you get ANY leather?

'cos those seats surely just have the "leather" bolsters - which I far as I have gathered AREN'T leather.

Please advise?

Posted Image

·
Registered
703 Posts
the recaros in the bora and golfs (from what i understand) have leather upper surface and headrests...

So seat sides, backs and door cards are viynl. But the backrest and seat cushion is leather.

And it was clear from the outset that the R32 cloth seats and alcantara had no leather, but surely the full leather option is the same as recaros (leather upper)??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never buy leather from a dealer, if your in scotland and fancy leather use Transcal in fife, they are the business.

cat

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oh and also, Just got out of a 2yr old honda accord and that also only has leather on the upper sufaces....

And not just Honda, but most manufacturers cars that i have sat in are like that... mercs.beemers etc...

I went for the recaros (only available in the "full leather" (stupidly expensive but the car will hopefully never be sold and so i wanted top spec...)

as the miles go one (so far 15K in 2yrs) can get the leather retrimmed when the car needs. I prefer the vinyl on the back and door cards as it is more scratch resistant, though cleaned with the wrong product looks fake but is mostly ok. The leather though is very cheap and crappy, smooth and easily wrinkled, I already have major creases on the passenger seats where the passengers/children and adults have crumpled it, but that is how it ages being the smoother leather as opposed to more grained like in the accord i mentioned and also my bro inlaws 7Series.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I talked to VW today, and the women was "It sayed in the brouchure and supporting documents that it was letheratte." I asked her to prove it, and couldn't find it. She's sent me the 'proce list' which she says states that only parts are leather, but she says that the door cards (arm rests she called thm....) are leather.

I've also got the VW garage on the look out, as I've already told them they will be the first ones that I go to for recompense.

Watchdog also have my details. I knew the standard was letherette, but I thought 1,200 quid might get something more than a crappy amount of leather.

VW - [:(]]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote: posted by cat on 03/03/2004 23:38:58

Never buy leather from a dealer, if your in scotland and fancy leather use Transcal in fife, they are the business.

But rather than being in Fife, they're actually in Livingston in West Lothian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just phoned Brochure and Product Information line :0800 333666.they informed me that it is full leather and are sending me a brochure out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts