Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Having major issues with my car alarm at the moment. Can someone please confirm if I disconnect the battery for 10 mins, this will effectively hard reset the car? Also, if I do this, will I lose my re-map in the process?

Cheers,

Steve.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T hanx for all the help, everyone! [^o)]

Managed to sort the issue for myself without disconnecting the battery.

Cheers Danny - can't really specifically say what was up with the car, as I have quite complicated security on it and deliberately ripped out all the OEM rubbish as soon as I could after buying the car. All working properly again now though.

Steve.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sorry Steve,

Only just spotted your post - glad all is sorted.

In case it helps for the future - disconnecting the battery will reset most things on the car, but not sure how long you need to leave it disconnected for...

Disconnecting the battery won't wipe your remap, but it may have put the car into some basic settings, where it relearns. Mine did this after it was remapped, and other times when the battery / ECU have been disconnected - I found the result is that the revs bounce on idle / braking to zero.

Glad your alarm issue is sorted - I know for one I am glad to have the extra security measures on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts