Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know where can I get these clips for front right window as soon as possible? I rolled the window today when I heard a snap, rolled it down and it just fell down. My gf needs the car for work and I cant wait till Monday for ebay, also Eurocarparts has the whole kit for like 90拢. I will probably need to buy that anyway, just asking if anyone knows a cheaper way to fix my issue.

Thanks everyone 馃槈

Attachments

Registered
You can secure the window with a piece of wood so it stays shut. It'll give you some time to go grab one from a scrappy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can secure the window with a piece of wood so it stays shut. It'll give you some time to go grab one from a scrappy.
I have done that but I cant drive with that. Also, the "scrapy" does it have to be VW specific or just go around and keep asking? Sorry, I have never been to one before.

Registered
Any scrapyard or breakers yard, so long as they have mk4 Golf platform cars in the yard, which they all usually do. You could always phone and ask them beforehand. VW dealerships may stock them (without you needing to special order), worth phoning them too if you can get to one nearby.

NooNoo
They have gone back to being plastic.
Good old VW.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, got the kit from Euro for 50, changed, it seems to be working just the window does not go all the way down as it used to (used to disappear into the door, now it pokes out a bit), proper **ckery to fix that... Thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts