Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm looking at buying an 02 plate Bora this weekend, from what I can see it's a real nice and honest motor! The only thing I'm concerned about is the sat nav! It's a genuine unit but is the sound quality up to scratch? I do like my music and in the past I have had to replace the standard factory fit head unit with an aftermarket upgrade because the sound quality has been pants!!
With it being a double DIN unit I wouldn't replace it with aftermarket, they look tacky and way overpriced.
Can anyone give me any idea as to the quality of sound from the standard factory bora sat nav?

Cheers

Paul....

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I have the MFD Sat Nav fitted in my Golf, i also have it linked to a 6 disc changer housed in the glovebox.

TBH sound quality is ok, its not to the standard of modern stereo's but it does the job fine imo.

Its also possible to connect an iPod if you want to [Y]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
They're better than the truly awfull OEM tape decks because they have more output power,but can be made to sound a lot better by plugging an exxternal amp into them.

Chris.

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
im running the MCD sat nav and it does do a decent job, but possibly might depend on what setup you have re speakers, mine is GT and so has the full set

1 - 4 of 4 Posts