Car looks fantastic, loving the roof (I was tempted to do the same but
had trouble with my insurance company as it is) only thing I don't like
is the flush hatch thingy.

Good work dude!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Carlos...kind of need the hatch flush because the u.s. bumper is slightly deeper so sticks off the car more and looks like a park bench on the back of the car without something to help smooth the lines a bit more.

@shiuming ...bonnet is next.getting the badge resess welded in the bonnet then resprayed not sure if black bonnet will be over kill though?

@sir_blates...the exhaust is a "VW Racing".i get them from my mate at the dealers.think there may be a couple left if anyone is interested.?(?150)after these there aren't going to be any more.ever!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hi mjase cars looking good as ever! just a couple questions.....

The back bumper? have you got a pic of it with the boot open? so i can see what ya mean cause mines being fitted next week ssshhhhh!!!!haha!

and the exhaust is it a system or just a back box?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@marc-dub...the u.s. bumpers are about 1-1.5" deeper and

the exhaust is a back box,don't know of anyone that does a system for ?150?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Pics dont do it justice, it looks absolutely amazing in the metal. As if it just came straight off Vortex stunning! Was really good meeting you and having a chat in the bar on Saturday night and seeing your car on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Your car mate is one of my favourites on here as i like the completely different look, still oem but still very different. [y]

Sat

·
Registered
729 Posts

Yeah seemed bit stupid thinking i'll get a system for ?150 lol.

Well i'll have to see how i'll find the bumper now ya got me worried!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yeah seemed bit stupid thinking i'll get a system for ?150 lol.

Well i'll have to see how i'll find the bumper now ya got me worried!
to be honest mate you probably wont think the top of the bumper looks all that different in shape.the bottom of the bumper was a shock to me at first [;)]but soon got used to it and just really like it now.

the bottom of the bumper curves under more due to it sticking out more up top it then has to curve back under again.

i'll try and get a pic of the rear bumper side on so you can see the shape better.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
@shiuming ...bonnet is next.getting the badge resess welded in the bonnet then resprayed not sure if black bonnet will be over kill though?
To give you the idea of what a black bonnet would look like...... I'm not keen on it to be honest it looks a bit to much in my eyes.

Click on image to enlarge...

·
Registered
690 Posts
I told you this before and I'll say it again: I think your car looks somewhat unfinished.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it and it is obvious that a lot of time, money and effort has gone into it, but it seems like something is missing.

I think the main culprit is the rear end: the car has this gorgeous black and silver theme going on, but the back end IMHO is too plain and too...silver to make it work with the rest of the car!

Have you considered a black badge, rbbr taillights and/or a R-line rear bumper?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts