Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[^][^][^]Simon Coe came and upsoluted my car yesterday--wow-its a different car now it pulls like it should have from the factory,it gives total confidence to overtake you just know the power will keep coming where as before it it died off above 3000 revs.

All i can say is do it if you haven't yet even if its just for the noise that the forge dv makes now its worth the cost.

IT WILL MAKE YOU [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Who are you insured with ?

I have to wait another 6 months till i can get my 1.8t done. Current insurers (admiral) wont cover me as the bhp increase is too much.

Is it imperative you get a free flowing exhaust or can you run the remap on stock cat and ehaust without the fear of damage to the turbo?

Do you feel like the brakes are still up to the job or do you deffo need bigger better brakes now youve gained 40+bhp?

what cars have you driven that it is now comparable to?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Quote: posted by mmuuzzyy on 04/03/2005 10:15:12

Who are you insured with ?

I have to wait another 6 months till i can get my 1.8t done. Current insurers (admiral) wont cover me as the bhp increase is too much.

Try Brentacre, I have an up to 210BHP policy and I can do anything else to the car for nore more cost

Is it imperative you get a free flowing exhaust or can you run the remap on stock cat and ehaust without the fear of damage to the turbo?

I had mine chipped first and exhaust etc afterwards no probs

Do you feel like the brakes are still up to the job or do you deffo need bigger better brakes now youve gained 40+bhp?

They are OK for road use, I think they'd need improving somewhat for track use! New pds and fluid will help

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm still waiting to get my A3 done because Upsolute UK never sent over hardware to do the 2.0 TDI yet.

Should have it done within next 10 days or I'll be going elsewhere.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quote: posted by markie on 04/03/2005 09:32:09

[^][^][^]just for the noise that the forge dv makes now its worth the cost.

IT WILL MAKE YOU [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

What does it sound like?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diverter valve has got a nice smooth phsssstt sound now,louder than before.

arnot-if your clutch is slipping get it done asap-i have a mate who works for breeze vw in southampton and he told me that if you leave it you will stuff the flywheel and a new one is big bucks.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by arnot78 on 07/03/2005 09:40:43

hi have mine upsoluted and my clutch slips in 4/5 at about 4000 revs#

More power + worn clutch = Clutch slip [;)]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gav - Clutch slip is pretty unusual on the petrols, in fact you're only the second of my customers to have it on the petrols I think ! and the first was 3 weeks ago. I guess it must be worn as Paul says, but you're still unlucky. I had a guy with a 130PD with clutch slip and he took it back to VW under warranty and they sorted it without replacing the clutch, not quite sure how though but he didn't have any probs until he sold it about a year later as far as I'm aware.

Irish - I dearly wish it was UP UK that wasn't delivering the equipment to Ireland !!!! At least it would mean that I have some 2.0TDi equipment to NOT deliver !!!!

They are probably as f**cked off as me about the 4+ month wait !!!

It's not UPsolute BTW to anyone reading this that are failing to deliver but a third party supplier for the equipment for all the new VAG engines.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I remember reading a post a while back about the "ease-off snatch" issue with upsoluted 1.8T's....like a sudden jerk when coming off the throttle I think? Was a solution ever found? What was the cause? (Wasn't the diverter valve from what I read).

markie, have you experienced any problem like this?

It's the only thing putting me off getting my AGU upsoluted!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hi "Upsolute" - Any idea when you will get it over here? I was told 2-3 weeks exactly 2 weeks ago today by a guy called Ali in the UK so I'm hoping it's soon enough as I'd rather use Upsolute but if not I will have to go elsewhere.

Mark

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the "ease of snatch" but only once so far and im hoping that a change of n75 valve to either a "j" or "h" may help,though its not really that much of a problem.

still trying to find out which is the best n75 to get h or j -any ideas ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a week to try the car out now and its bloody great much much quicker although my mpg has dropped from 37 ave to 34,you just cant help yourself.It is a different driving style to the factory set up,difficult to explain but those who have had it done will know what i mean.

Still not sure about n75j though,heard stories of overboost and limp mode,i want to know more,anyone ??

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Get the N75J valve as it gives a smoother delivery, whereas the N75H gives a large spike in power which commomly can cause your ECU to go into limp mode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Irish (Mark) - I'm guessing you have spoken to Ali via email ? His English is good, but he's actually in Austria ! I've got a bit stroppy about the sh}te delivery lately (it's not UPsolute's fault though) and he's assured me that I'm on the 'first delivery' list, funnily enough, for the end of this week ! I doubt it though tbh very much. Until the postie delivers it I will not believe it. You would have to speak to the guy in Ireland wrt his delivery though as it will not be passing through me.

The snatch is a funny one as only some people seem to notice/get it. I guess it depends on driving style also as everyone is different I s'pose.

Put the J on Markie, you wont regret it [^]

Simon.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Think I'm off to Superchips later today so. I've spoken to Ali alright and his English is good but I had no idea he wasn't even in the UK!

Thanks for the info anyway mate.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't reckon it's the upsoluting that causes the snatch, I'm sure mine did it to a lesser extent before it was chipped, you just notice it more... easy answer, stop lifting off! [;)] I don't even notice it these days!

Faisal - best 300 quid you'll ever spend on the car mate!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote: posted by Caged on 15/03/2005 09:14:09

I don't reckon it's the upsoluting that causes the snatch, I'm sure mine did it to a lesser extent before it was chipped, you just notice it more... easy answer, stop lifting off! [;)] I don't even notice it these days!

Faisal - best 300 quid you'll ever spend on the car mate!

lol! I WILL get it done eventually!

It'd be nice to know the cause of the problem though, not the DV from what i've read. Stupid idea, but would an uprated dogbone mount make any difference to anything? Mr UPsolute?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must say that the snatch has only happened to me once and is not really a problem.

I have to agree with cage that its not the upsolute that causes the problem,i think that other remaps have the effect too so its prob a problem with the standard car thats just made worse with the higher boost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ive been upsoluted for about 4-5 months now, ive got the n75j valve and forge 006 diverter valve.

And ive had no problems at all.

Just loads more fun.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts