Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simon from CCCTech came and "UPSoluted" my Golf PD150 least tuesday. Boy oh boy what a difference!! The performance now is what the americans would probably call "awesome"!! The power just keeps on coming all the way up the rev range, the thing pulls like a train in any gear. The journey to work is now a fun event, rather than the depressing necessity it used to be. I now find myself grinning like a fool when i'm out in my car, waiting for a reason to pour on the power and show some BMW driver what acceleration really is.

Simon also let me watch the whole process and answered all my questions adout the UPSolute chip both honestly and intelligently. Nice bloke. Cheers Simon!

Don't delay. Get It Done!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only got the UPSolute figures to go on at the moment, which are 182 bhp and 313 lb/ft of torque. Don't doubt them though as you can really feel the extra power. The wife said "why are you getting it done?". So I let her have a drive, not heard a peep since!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by hoobignon on 24/03/2005 17:03:49

The wife said "why are you getting it done?". So I let her have a drive, not heard a peep since!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Interesting to see how a chip is replaced and reprogrammed aint it [8D]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's certainly worth every penny. I wonder if the performance gains you get from the other chipping companies are worth the extra bucks?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Depends how much power you want...

Must be some reason why other companies charge more.

I do love my Upsolute mini torch though, that's the only thing I got from them!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The only thing that puts me off is the member who only got 170bhp from his AGU engine. I'd be really annoyed with that. I'd be wanting about 190+ for sure.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Quote: posted by vedhead on 26/03/2005 17:04:09

The only thing that puts me off is the member who only got 170bhp from his AGU engine. I'd be really annoyed with that. I'd be wanting about 190+ for sure.

Who got that???

I thought the quoted figures, by Upsolute was 193bhp...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I cant remember the member but he wasnt very happy and was going to speak to them about it. He never reposted as far as i know to say what the issue was.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah that was me i put the car on a rolling road in plymouth got 170 bhp but people tell me they should of used fans the one in plymouth didnt so untill i can get it on a rolling road somewere else im stuck wondering having said that the car goes a lot better than before the chip and i can say at a guess i would put it closer to 193 than 170 but untill i know for deffo the only peice of paper ive got with bhp on my motor is 170 would love to go to a meet and see others with the same chip as mine and just give it a little go against another one problem living in cornwall long way from anywhere still bristol meet in a week ill be there hopefully

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Cheers for joining in and jogging my memory Marty. I'm wondering about getting mine done to enjoy my car a little more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
ved head dont let it put u off there is still a lot of difference so i think its down to the cowboys in plymouth to be fair i was warned about them by a member from st austell but i still went simon is a good guy and would not rip anyone off its the same remap for all the cars so the ones with the proof of 190+ is more like it.i was just so gutted at first i thought i would ask the questions now i feel more confident that its more than 170

1 - 20 of 23 Posts