Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Getting my car remapped with upsolute for my b-day, adding a Forge 007P diverter valve and also Milltek cat-back system. Would it make any difference getting the exhaust fitted first and THEN getting the remap done? It's only a cat-back system, so it shouldn't affect performance or remap should it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
If i was you mate id get everything fitted before hand that way you'll get the most and best results from it all once its remapped! i did it the other way round and then when i had it remapped again after the performance parts were on it just felt so much better e.g. smoother, bit nicer to drive and a bit more poke!

Thats my suggestion though!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
If the remap was a custom map then it would be best to get any work done first. But as the Upsolute map is generic I don't think it will make any difference.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Isn't the upsolute just a generic remap though with no tweakable settings? If so it wouldn't make any difference if you fitted the bits now or after the re-map.

Chris

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sope, i had mine done in the summer, its a generic remap so it doens't matter if you get your bits before or after.

Simon did it for me and only cost ?250 as it was a group buy!

All i added was the forge DV. I did use a yellow spring in it but ended up puting the green one back in it.

It peaks now around 19PSI and its stable around 15PSI.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Lads, i didn't realise it was a generic map. I think i'm going to get the diverter valve and remap done now, because the exhaust will take a while to fit etc and I can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the Forge 007P DV delivered this week and booked Upsolute for Monday! Can't wait !

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remap = Smile !

Best mod on my car so far. Got the DV007 installed at the same time and the sound it makes together with the Carbonio CAI is sweeet! Just too much power to lay down on the road though! Next is Milltek cat-back for a nice sound!

·
Registered
811 Posts
If its the sound you are after then replace the dowpipe... not only will it add the agressive rumble, it makes top end performance much better. Its definately the single best mod for power and bang/buck once you've done the remap!

Full turboback is the way to go... OH and look into blueflame aswell. Very good quality, on par with milltek in many peoples eyes and a fair bit cheaper!

Nice car btw, do you have and more pics?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mate, here are a few more pics..... now that the remap is done, and Milltek soon , i'm going to start on the exterior next. Still fairly standard at the moment

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks mate,  amateur pics ... a mate of mine brought his camera over .... underground carparks are cool for lighting

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Quick question, which may sound silly

If you Upsolute a GTi 180, how would this compare to you Upsoluting a PD130 or PD150?

As I dont do many miles now im wondering if to go back to petrol, I know awsome some of the cars sounded when I did the group buy and PJ and Cage and the gang came along!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Quick question, which may sound silly

If you Upsolute a GTi 180, how would this compare to you Upsoluting a PD130 or PD150?

As I dont do many miles now im wondering if to go back to petrol, I know awsome some of the cars sounded when I did the group buy and PJ and Cage and the gang came along!
I'll try to help, as Ive owned both variants and remapped bot. Not with Up, but its pretty much the same thing. Were you looking at a Cupra R or PD 150 a while back?

Anyhoo, power delivery is so different its untrue. I know a lot of people quote peak figures and compare number, which makes the cars seem similar. In some ways they may produce similar 1/4 times, but if its the experience your after then its really no comparison. I went from and AGU golf with everythign on running 230 bhp and similar torque... swapped for a PD 150 Seat Leon, remapped to 190's and 280-290lb/ft.

Down low the Diesel is the one that shoves you back, but it flies through the revs so fast you seem to be changing before you know it. Despite what anyone out there with a remapped PD will tell you, after 4000 rpms you need to change gear. For me this was to early, I enjoy the reving petrol engines and the top end grunt. If you have a turboback milltek fitted aswell the sound is lovely. In some ways I prefer it to the v6 (only some).

I loved the PD 150 to bits, it was specced up with electric leather, cruise, ebony black, remapped and had ASA's on. People thought I was crazy to swap it... I suppose on some level I was, it had all that performance and returned 500 miles per tankfull.

It wasn't a petrol though!

Ive got the Cupra R now, and that has stayed standard for over 9 months. Im not saying I cant wait to remap it and add the exhaust et, but the 225bhp it has is as on par with my old GTI. Im happy that I changed, even though it cost me an extra ?15 a week on fuel. for me its a more exciting car to drive, and when its running a full turboback exhaust it sounds superb..

Roll on the modding days!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Cheers Tim, thats quite helpful [:)]

Yeah I do know wot u mean, I think with my Golf 110 and Bora 115 they do seem to like to rev past 4 and in my case they seem to still pull, not all the way to the red of course. Yip it is nice to have a petrol that you can feel pull hard up in the revs!

Correct, I did consider a Leon the other week, i think ive been changing my mind on a weekly basis of wot to get next tbh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts