Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sachs now apparently do a uprated clutch![:D]

Ive not had chance to check how much/availability of these yet..

2 discs available:

1- Organic material disc ---- part# 881864 999980

2- Sinterized material disc ---- part # 881864 999969

1 uprated pressure plate:

part# 88 3082 999 753

Torque ratings:

organic disc + pressure plate 400Nm = 295ft-lb

sinterized disc + pressure plate 510Nm = 376 ft-lb

no doubt ill be needing one of these soon [B)]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 14/11/2004 11:55:13

JBS tested one of these I think with the nos and ripped it to bits.

Hi Nik, which version did they test??

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
it doesnt really look good on the PD clutch, nobody seems to be coming up with the solution, i often wondered if you had stronger springs on the pressure plate for more clamping force, thought that might help but you may have a harder peddle though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the upgrade for the 5 speed or the 6 speed tho?The 6 speed has a huge 240mm clutch with a dual mass flywheel thats the same size as a 911 carrera 2?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote: posted by tdi rs on 27/11/2004 21:48:04

Is the upgrade for the 5 speed or the 6 speed tho?The 6 speed has a huge 240mm clutch with a dual mass flywheel thats the same size as a 911 carrera 2?

The upgrade is for a 6 speed box. For the record :-

A tuned PD150 produces approx 290-300 lb/ft of torque.

A standard 911 Carrera (996 model) produces 273 lb/ft of torque.

Maybe we should start looking for uprated Porsche clutches! [;)]

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have the part number for the grp n clutch used by vw racing if you what me to post it.i think the engine is only 81kw which i think would make it a 115pd????the clutch is a sachs i will see if they is anymore info on the tech spec of the clutch in the document.

craigv

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive phoned numerous performance clutch suppliers and i was told that no 1 has done an uprated clutch for any 6 speed diesels,infact most didnt know they have the same size clutch as TT! Is the question is the clutch up to the job or is it more the torque is produced to low rpm/vehicle speed and the cars are too heavy? I know it wont fit a 6 speed box but i use a Sach group N setup for a vr6 Golf and i dont get any slip now at all even with 380ftlbs torque,but my car only weighs 930 kilos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No its the mk2 Golf tdi!!Originally a 90hp 1z but bored out to 2 ltr,high lift cam,ball bearing gt28 turbo,race injectors,chargecooler and methanol injection at the last dyno run 246hp and 380ftlbs [email protected] 1 of the reasons its the quickest mk2 fwd car in the country!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah it does alot!! in the wet it wheelspins in 4th just when it hits over 20psi boost and when the methanol is turned on it does it in 5th an thats with a Quaife lsd too.To be honest its dangerous in the wet but the dry its kin quick 90 to 110 takes just over 3 seconds! and with the std 5 speed tdi box it pulls the governor in top 149mph!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
With regard to the Sachs clutch, I have been onto Sachs and the part numbers that Colin has put up in the first post havent even made it into production yet.

They are contacting me when they are ready.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been speeking to Jabba about this as my 115pd clutch is knackered.

Apparently there is an uprated clutch and flywheel assembly made by Fidanza abailable for around ?650.

They also say that I may be able to use the 150pd clutch....but are checking this....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts