Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing loads of reading on here and / Google search.

Now im reading conflicting views, so those who have upgraded or havent, whats your views?

Do you go Forge and use theirs or 1.8T pancake pipes?

Im thinking of doing this because im upgrading my intercooler to a Eurojet large SMIC, K&N panel filter, Allard EGR delete and catch tank, and also to upgrade the pipe going from the EGR to the intercooler.

I will eventually upgrade to a PD150 Hybrid turbo and get it remapped.

So, would the pancake pipe be beneficial ???

Any pics or guies from those who have upgraded

TIA

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hi, the pancake pipe is very restrictive, its up to you if you use forge or gti one but the main difference is price, i have done egr delete and egr to ic pipework and it has made a difference and have got a 1.8gti pancake pipe but havent fitted it yet, Madman has done nearly all your list so he's the best person to ask, including alot of research

Posted Image

Posted Image

craig

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Craig.

Can you tell me where you got the above pipework and hoses please? And cost if you dont mind lol.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sure, the adapter was off from a person on here but you can get them from sfs for £25 (i think) the elbow was ebay £20 and elbows was ebay £11 each and a few jubilee clips from anywhere lol

Craig

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
yep same ere mate. i used 57mm alloy pipe.i found you need quite long silicone pipes and an adaptor. i got my 6" legged 90 deg silicone pipes from AP motor store.(£16 each) the alloy 45deg pipe from demon motor sport,(£20) and the adaptors.. well i cheated. i got a 60mm alloy coupler (£4) which fits in the intercooler, but obviously not over the 57mm silicone pipe. i just put the silicone pipe in hot water for a minute, mad it softer and it made it softer to get on. Also, the intercooler side, you will have to trim 1 edge of the silicone pipe. I found all this out the hard way.

Posted Image

if your deleting the egrv, you mite as well clean up you vac system and simplify it as you no longer need a couple of those solenoids.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Silicone vac pipe. £3mtr

also save ya self some monies and get the all in kid like so.

Posted Image

thereabout £75

last but not least, i would suggest you remove the inlet manifold and get it chemically clean as it will be caked!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts