Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous review of Prototype Eliminator Valve can be found here

Received the new production version ready Eliminator Valve yesterday. Some slight changes from the prototype I've been using for the last month or so, namely some cosmetic and diaphragm revisions.

Here's some pics showing the internals. Visually there isn't a difference to the diaphragm.

And also received with the DV was a tuning kit. Consisting of Yellow and Blue springs plus some shims.

The valve is a lot better than the prototype I've been testing over the past few months. The biggest difference is noise. This valve is near silent in operation, whereas the prototype valve fluttered, espesially when fitted in reverse. I've got the new production ready valve fitted in reverse just to check and its silent, even on quick on-off throttle situations that would otherwise produce noises on other valves.

The design changes are also quite neat - Note the better grip on top of the valve which aids greatly in unscrewing the top cover to gain access to the diaphragm and spring. I'm currently using the standard supplied Yellow spring which is more than enough for the boost I'm running. If necessary I can change to one of the other supplied stiffer springs. Also shims are available to 'fine tune' each spring should the application require it.

I thought the prototype eliminator valve was good but after having this one fitted, I can see its improved on an already succesful design [Y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I've been looking forward to this valve for quite sometime now.

I did try the last diaphragm DV Forge realeased (name escapes me) but
didnt really get on with it, they withdrew it from their range in any
case.

Diaphragm has to be better than piston - faster acting and no servicing required.

Looking forward to you findings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been looking forward to this valve for quite sometime now.
Me too! I've got stock Bosch valve which has not been working well for the last couple of months and I've been holding out for the release of this valve.

Tabs - any reviews of the new valve and any news on the likelyhood of a group buy before Christmas?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Mark, can you use this valve with the engine cover on? Just want to make sure before i put my name down for one! [:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the late update on this one.

The valve is a lot better than the prototype I've been testing over the past few months. The biggest difference is noise. This valve is near silent in operation, whereas the prototype valve fluttered, espesially when fitted in reverse. I've got the new production ready valve fitted in reverse just to check and its silent, even on quick on-off throttle situations that would otherwise produce noises on other valves.

The design changes are also quite neat - Note the better grip on top of the valve which aids greatly in unscrewing the top cover to gain access to the diaphragm and spring. I'm currently using the standard supplied Yellow spring which is more than enough for the boost I'm running. If necessary I can change to one of the other supplied stiffer springs. Also shims are available to 'fine tune' each spring should the application require it.

I thought the prototype eliminator valve was good but after having this one fitted, I can see its improved on an already succesful design [Y]

@Ryan - The valve is small enough to be fitted behing the stock engine cover. Even if fitted in reverse. I'll get some pics this weekend so you can see.

These are pencilled in for avaialabilty in a few weeks, so should be ready in time for Christmas. The long awaited group buy will be running a little time before then to make sure demand can be met.

Once I have details I'll get them posted up.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry - don't wish to hi-jack the thread but what difference does reversing the valve make? I've read about it elsewhere as well but don't know what it does.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It can improve the responsiveness of the valve, especially if your car is running higher boost. Also produces a slightly different sound, although in the case of the Eliminator it doesn't seem to change the sound.

Try it [Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could only really compare the sound to the previous Eliminator Valve I've been testing, as I've never used the 007. The sound is silent compared to this.

I did have a 006 in my old 1.8T and that was quite noisy, with a metlic sound when letting off boost. This was probably due to the metal piston inside - which, if the 007 is similar in design, I'd expect the a similar type noise to be produced.

HTH

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I did have a 006 in my old 1.8T and that was quite noisy, with a
metlic sound when letting off boost. This was probably due to the metal
piston inside - which, if the 007 is similar in design, I'd expect the
a similar type noise to be produced.
I've had a couple of 007's and neither made a metalic noise.

I just get a gentle whoosh at present, not really bothered if that stays or goes when I get the Eliminator though.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I must be getting fussy in my old age - I like the quiet life now [:D]
Someone get the lad his pipe and slippers... And don't forget the porridge and long johns before you go to bed! [;)]

·
Registered
447 Posts
how hard is it to fit these dv's? And where the hell are they cos on RS Golf's engine bay pic its right there in the open but i cant see my standard one for shit?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
how hard is it to fit these dv's? And where the
hell are they cos on RS Golf's engine bay pic its right there in the
open but i cant see my standard one for shit?
Its far from hard, a maximum of 10 minutes work.

It will be situated underneath your engine cover (top right) if you have it one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts