Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a turbo back milltek, koni ssk kit, front and rear ARBs, dog bone mount bush, 312mm EBC disks and red stuff pads, 4 bar fpr and revo stage 2 remap fitted by BBT on friday. the vids are not of the best quality but will give you an idea on the sound, but it does sound very agressive now, the woosh is fairly loud and only with a green cotton panal filter and the cold air ducting feed. sorry the car isnt the cleanest of cars at the moment and the quality isnt all that great either [:(]

vids:

in mulit story car park: http://media.putfile.com/milltek-sound-2

out side: http://media.putfile.com/milltek-sound

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[y]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted Image

excellent sound [Y] ^^ but your tyre looks a little soggy [:^)]
i take it you mean air? i been meaning to go to the garage and actualy pump them up lol. cheers

·
Registered
811 Posts
yeah sorry, i meant air, its a slang word where i live to call them "soggy" when they look a bit flat lol, I do like your wheels tho, they look grand on mk4's me thinks [;)]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah sorry, i meant air, its a slang word where i live to call them "soggy" when they look a bit flat lol, I do like your wheels tho, they look grand on mk4's me thinks [;)]
yah look much better when there clean lol. but after i polish my car come 2 days its back how it was. the sound is nice of the whistle woosh and the growl but it does get annoying after a while. and because i have the dog bone mount bush there is allot of vibrating and i can feel the vibrations from the exhaust too. oh well...

·
Registered
811 Posts
ah, bushes n mounts, they are a nightmare!! i need my rear bushes done and my front wishbone bushes as well, just so much to do and not enough money to do it all [:'(]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
indeed money well spent! i need 4 new tyres, new cambelt water pump (60k in 10k miles but best to be safer than sorry) etc, road tax. and i have a holiday to pay for for march, i have to pay my dad the last ?750 i owe him for the car for feb pay day. way too much suff needed for way to little money lol. cheers for comments,

myk3

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just out of interest, how much did your trip down to BBT cost you? [:)]
?1950 for parts and fitting. the parts i needed to get myeslf where the caliper carriers which costed ?100 inc the calipers and ?40 for the 4 motion rear valance. very good value for money

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
That sounds the part mate for sure. I am after a Milltek for my car but I am going to add the 200 cell cat with it. Which do you have? That clip has made me determined to make the exhaust my next ideal mod.

Out of interest does anyone know the hidden back box have the same noise as the twin exit one you have? I need to modify a Bora back box to add to a Leon front end. Also does the Leon and Golf with the AUM/AUQ engine share the same downpipe/cat arrangement?

Looks quick too. Nice one bud.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds the part mate for sure. I am after a Milltek for my car but I am going to add the 200 cell cat with it. Which do you have? That clip has made me determined to make the exhaust my next ideal mod.

Out of interest does anyone know the hidden back box have the same noise as the twin exit one you have? I need to modify a Bora back box to add to a Leon front end. Also does the Leon and Golf with the AUM/AUQ engine share the same downpipe/cat arrangement?

Looks quick too. Nice one bud.
i think milltek now only do the 100cel for the 1.8t but im not sure?! im sure the hidden pipe will sound the same i think. cheers for the comments [Y]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I heard the 100 cell cat is touch and go for emmissions at MOT time and that the oxygen sensor can bring up fault lamps on th dash which need VAGCOM to reset although it is always better for bhp gain. Have you had any warning lights on the dash since having it fitted?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Im pretty sure Milltek still make two DP/Cat arrangements....

Miltek Ultra which comprises of a 2.5" DP and 200cell cat which is rated for higher power. (?389+VAT)

Milltek 3" DP and high flow cat which has a 100/200 cell cat but is rated for a maximum of 240bhp. (?289+VAT)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Im pretty sure Milltek still make two DP/Cat arrangements....

Miltek Ultra which comprises of a 2.5" DP and 200cell cat which is rated for higher power. (?389+VAT)

Milltek 3" DP and high flow cat which has a 100/200 cell cat but is rated for a maximum of 240bhp. (?289+VAT)
Do you know if the Leon/Toledo 1.8T AUQ shares the same DP as the Golf 1.8T AUM/AUQ?

From the two above, I would have thought the 3" DP would have cost more due to the bigger bore. What makes the Ultra worth that much more?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Do you know if the Leon/Toledo 1.8T AUQ shares the same DP as the Golf 1.8T AUM/AUQ?

From the two above, I would have thought the 3" DP would have cost
more due to the bigger bore. What makes the Ultra worth that much more?
I'll have a look on ETOS for you tonight.

The 2.5" with 200cell cat is rated for more than 240bhp, not really
sure what makes it ?100 more though, maybe a better quality 1 piece cat?

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=128

Im sure I read that the cheaper one has two sections in the cat, a 100 and a 200cell.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how much have you lowerd the car by ?

The car doesnt look low enough for me (no offence)

The wheels dont look as big as some of the other 18's ive seen on golf mk4's
yah it dont look that much lower than it was.. its the koni SSK kit. im hapy with it, it handles great. at the end of the day i dont want to be too slammed as you have to be more careful, speed bumps kerbs and the dreded knocking the sump [:O]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts