Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then, I am still on this forum but also on Briskoda.net a fair bit but I have had a busy day today and thought I would see what people think of these little mods I have fitted today - first of all I have fitted some 15mm spacers to the rear of the car as follows:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I got home to find that my 'Bonnet Bra' had arrived from Germany and I have now fitted that as follows:

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Baker21/P1010015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Baker21/P1010020.jpg

So what do you think? I know that people aren't a fan of the 'Bonnet Bra' but who else has one on their Superb? I only intend to use it for the shows, I don't think it looks too bad at all? Opinons? What about the spacers? Make a massive difference to the stance IMO!!

Also I have just bought these rims, for the summer / show season - 19" ASA AR1's (8.5J front and 9.5J rear) - just need to get some rubber now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Baker21/ASA2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Baker21/ASA4.jpg

All opinions and comments welcome, it's OK I know it's a Skoda, LOL!!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Si think the spacers push it out nicely ......[Y]

and at least ya bonnet wont get chipped to much now , them wheels frigging hell they look spot on mate,

cant wait to see them on the car .........[:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go on the skoda liking the wheels! and the spacers seem to be doing a good job there matey! anything else arrived from germany (prob a lil premature)?
Thanks mate, cheers for that.

As for the other German delivery, I am on the case on Monday mate but I will keep to my timeline, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Si think the spacers push it out nicely ......[Y]

and at least ya bonnet wont get chipped to much now , them wheels frigging hell they look spot on mate,

cant wait to see them on the car .........[:D]
Thanks mate, they are well worth the money, just need to buy some more for the front of the car.

As for the bra, wasn't sure when I saw them on the Golf's on here but I thought, why not!! Who has one on a Superb? Got to be a first, LOL!!

Just trying to keep up with the size of your rims mate!! Now I have tyre cost problems like you!! What to do?!?!?!!?

Thanks for the comments mate.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Great looking car mate the skoda is a very underestimated car, the new
wheels are gonna look great, you got any more plans for her?? maybe a
bit of smoothing for a euro look with those rims.

Sat

·
Registered
187 Posts
spacers look cool and those new wheels are great!!

sorry...but i really dont like the bonnet bra....but then again I
generally think they look crap on any car so it's not just yours I dont
like lol. Dunno what it is about them, I just think they look naff.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great looking car mate the skoda is a very underestimated car, the new wheels are gonna look great, you got any more plans for her?? maybe a bit of smoothing for a euro look with those rims.

Sat
Thanks mate, your not far off the mark about the smoothing mate, I have bought a front bumper and just thought that I would have a DIY session myself, so yes, smoothing may be on the cards!!

Watch this space!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spacers look cool and those new wheels are great!!

sorry...but i really dont like the bonnet bra....but then again I generally think they look crap on any car so it's not just yours I dont like lol. Dunno what it is about them, I just think they look naff.
Seems like your not the only one that thinks that mate, I guess some of us just don't have a clue, LOL!!

Spacers are definately a good investment though!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice. The new wheels will really finish it off. Not a big fan of the bonnet bra myself (on any car) but the spacers seem to be spot on.
I hope that the new wheels will mate, plenty more little mods to come so let's just see what happens in the summer!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looking fabulous Simon, nice to see that the OEM approach works real well on other cars.

The spacers make a noticable difference and give it a purposeful stance.....Will look even better when you get the 19s on.

How about a bit of this to set off the rims

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quite like the exhaust set up[Y]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking fabulous Simon, nice to see that the OEM approach works real well on other cars.

The spacers make a noticable difference and give it a purposeful stance.....Will look even better when you get the 19s on.

How about a bit of this to set off the rims

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quite like the exhaust set up[Y]
Who makes that kit? More info mate!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts