Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newly fitted allard fmic, in place of forge front mount.

interior striped in prep for weld in cage. lots more work to do yet, 3day weekends would be useful [:)]

engine lined up for rebuild, new rods,valves,springs,and pistons. new mani and downpipe too. bigger turbo to go with it [Y]

car not to everyones taste, but its different! comments welcome

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
881 Posts
Nice mate, like the look of the recaro buckets, not too OTT, how much difference did it make stripping the car out? did it feel better to drive?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o its different! noisy as hell for a start, you hear EVERYTHING.  cars lighter now. back wheels used to fill arch nicely, now though, theres a big gap between arch and top of tyre. coilovers next i think!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
nice mate i remember you getting the IHI and i was gona buy ya ko3s off ya now your going up 1 step again lol. cars gona be a right weapon. thats a monster front mount is huge?are they more than the forge and do you need one bigger than the forge for the VF34? like the seat too mate.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
similar price to forge, if not cheaper. it is huge compared to forge one. i used forge one with my ihi. never had prob

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
full, weld in cage. stil chasing prices/designs at mo. concentrating on engine side of things first

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
my mates just had a full weld in cage in his ibiza and its made the car really stiff and solid he loves it. also stopped aload of creaks he had.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just a quickie, did you notice much difference in the ride with the Neuspeed upper brace bar?

Car looks mint, stripped out road racer! Sweet! [Y]

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hard to say really, was fitted just after front and rear arb's. was still geting used to them! roll bars made corners great fun!

must get better camera, dont think pics do it justice.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
looking very nice mate.

i might start to do that soon,

seeing as i now don't really drive it, i haven't got to worry about luxury,

don't know if i'd go roll cage though?

keep us posted

1 - 20 of 30 Posts