Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Peeps, get it whilst you can!!

Posted Image

On the W8 lights - You can post me your W8 light and I will post it back (Recorded) modded with the blue LEDs as per mine and the pic.

I can supply nearly ANY colour of LED - just drop me a line and i'll try and help.

For those doing the footwell illumination, if you want different lenghts of wire on the LEDs, just let me know when ordering, and i'll sort the marginal extra cost.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fly

Cheers for the feedback - a bit of David Bailey over a Mk4 brochure and an hour on Photo-Deluxe - aRtwork done!

As for the sidelights - I can do what you like.

The only things to remember are: The sidelight hole size is fixed, and you really must have legal colours.

I am doing an update for my own car, so give me a bit more time and i'll get back to you.

My own thoughts are to go with a simple twin or triple white LED on the sidelights (like my current set), and then fit a mod into the fog light behind the projector lens, to give a low-level 'effect'.

I am thinking a bunch of the UV LEDs for this - they give out a wierd violet emission which you can see for miles!

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Wow- sounds fantastic! My only requirement is that I can just pull out the old bulb and whip in the new, using the same connections if possible. If this possible then let me know where to send the cheque to mate!

Colour wise- Ultrabright leds, white and a hint of purple (if this is legal).

Oooo I can just see it now... [:D]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those pics look cool.

That W8 mode is a must.

If i did buy one. How much would you charge to put the extra red leds in which you have done. Would that be ontop of the blue lights price. Or dont you do that mod for people. Just thought i would ask has you offer for us to send you the W8 light.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Smithy - it does say that actually mate! LOL!

£19.95 fitted.

I have two arriving this weekend for the mod.

You buy the light you need from Bob or VAG.

Post it to me recorded, with the payment.

I do the mod, and then post it back to you recorded.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Foxy.

Did you think i meant 19.99 for the W8 light and mod. I didnt mean it to sound like that.

I was getting confused with the extra red leds you done on yours B4. I thought that the 5.50 ones where for this mode. Sorry read it wrong. DOH

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smithy - re: W8 light

£5.50 for the Blue LED kit of parts as described

(You fit these to Your W8 light)

£19.95 for me to supply and fit the Blue LED kit

(You send me your light and i'll supply and fit the kit and send it back)

I decided to offer this due to popular demand!

HTH

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump - loads of LED stuff available and more blue, UV and white keychains too.

Doing a fair few W8 blue lights now - fit-ups and kits too.

Smithy - you should get your footwell LEDs tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Foxy, ur a STAR, got my LED Modded W8 Light in the post this morning, couldnt wait to fit it!!

Just buggered off from my desk, not waiting for lunch to do it, all i can say is 'This is a MUST MOD!'

Thanx Loads!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Foxy you say on your website that you have to "pull the plug from the back of the instrument light Dimmer/Headlight adjuster unit," Does the W8 light need this to work? As i am a bit uncomfortable about routing the wiring. Also where can i get heat shrink from?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quote:

Originally posted by sputnik

Foxy you say on your website that you have to "pull the plug from the back of the instrument light Dimmer/Headlight adjuster unit," Does the W8 light need this to work? As i am a bit uncomfortable about routing the wiring. Also where can i get heat shrink from?

Cheers
The W8 light needs an 'illumination' 12V feed to make it work when the headlights are switched to anything but 'off'.

You won't find a wire with that signal in the roof of your golf, hence you need to route a single wire down and hook it up into ANY 12V illumination wire, either dimmed or not-dimmed.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
STOP PRESS !!

New stocks of LEDs and better prices:

Blue 1000mCd - £1.00 (ideal low-level lighting: W8, ashtrays, glovebox, etc)

Blue 3000mCd - £1.50 (great for footwells, ice highlights, etc)

White 5000mCd - £1.85 (excellent for sidelight mods and where crisp clean light is needed)

UV 700mCd (405nm) - £1.50 (get the 'blacklight' effect in your car without fluorescent tubes!!)

All are 5mm clear package LEDs

Post free on orders over £6.00

Keychains back in stock due to popular demand!

Megabright 8000mCd White : £3.50

Hyperbright 5000mCd blue : £2.99

All plus 50p p/p.

Free post on orders over £7.50

Still doing the usual stuff: LED door caps, W8 mods and kits, and "light on a wire"

See this link for more info: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/images/leds/Foxy%20LED%20Stuff-sml.jpg​

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me, i'm not hot when it comes to electricals. Do you know where i can get the heat sink from Foxy?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
quote:

Originally posted by sputnik

Thanks for clearing that up for me, i'm not hot when it comes to electricals. Do you know where i can get the heat sink from Foxy?
Hi again

"HEAT SHRINK" can be purchased from Maplin electronics (high street shops or mailorder)

See www.maplin.co.uk

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pants pictures - sorry, but you get the idea.

The white and the blue are EXTREME brightness. Pointed one directly at my eyes and flashed it from arms length, and was 'blinded' by the beam - saw spots in front of my eyes for a minute or so - and that was in a bright environment !!!

The UV version emits alot of the light in the invisible spectrum, but are still excellent and very effective at producing 'blacklight' in near dark environments.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Foxy you sent me a PM about MK3 dial clusters, i got sent a email saying that you had replied, but there is no link or message on there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts