Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title suggests heres a couple of up to date pics, ive fitted the oetinger grill and the plates and completely debadged the rear end, ive got a brand new rear valance to go on but never got the wee tor ex bit in time but ill have it on for E38.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

my completely standard 20vT recorded a 165.5bhp 164lb/ft run in a 33degree hot box so im well chuffed and I know ive got a decent base to start modifying now. /;-)

thanks to icy and neut for takin pics

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looking good mate, how much did you actually lower the car buy with those 19's on?

Very clean mate and very smooth, look good with some tinted windows maybe?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its down  65mm front  70mmback,I never actually raised it at all when I put the wheels on and they never rubbed on anything metal so it got left,  was wanting some v.light smoke tints but I wont manage it in time for E38 plus im poss. getting a ban for totting up which im waiting to hear about(dam things to quiet and smooth) so I might be selling it soon. If I escape though im going to do the windows get a chip/exhaust and filter and am currently negotiating a price for a front ARB(neuspeed) to stop the slight scrubbing im getting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was a while after the revo trial..if that makes a difference.

I think Tylerama's standard bar a miltek 1.8t managed 167bhp on the same day.

I was told they make more as they loosen up??

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
So 2 stock 150's making in excess of 160bhp on the same rollers, same day?

Sounds like the rollers were slightly optimistic.

I know I keep banging on about JBS' rollers BUT stock cars always seem
to be within 3bhp of their expected figures on all the rolling road
days I have attended.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
165.5bhp standard?? You have got a good base to start with! [;)]
Yeah right [;)]
Fyi the rolling road day was part of an eastsidevw forum rrday with well over 20 cars attending with varying states of tune, all getting roughly about what they expected(mainly because some are regularish rr. dayers). This was my first time with this car and was out of interst of finding a base figure at the tuners who will more than likely be tuning my car so that I can get comparable and fair power increase figures. As for thats not right I was told to expect over the 150 as mines was the latter type of 20vT and that Jim(operator/owner) had found a fair few of this type to be better than standard(there was actually another standard mk4 that got 153bhp so by your reckoning does that mean he should really be about 138??). The rolling road was held at Star Performance whom I have dealt with before and trust and the rollers are regularly calibrated so dont see your point(have you had a bad rrday?). I will at some point get a photo of the graph provided and let you disect it at your leisure.

As for the plates I havent been stopped, yet, but am quite expectin to not!! get away with them, but as I prefer the white back plate I will continue to leave them on as long as poss.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
So 2 stock 150's making in excess of 160bhp on the same rollers, same day?
Sounds like the rollers were slightly optimistic.

I know I keep banging on about JBS' rollers BUT stock cars always seem to be within 3bhp of their expected figures on all the rolling road days I have attended.
Couple of stock Golfs and Seats at Stealth RR days have produced higher than normal figures - these cars leave the factory a little more tweaked than the manufacturers figures lead you to believe. I've seen it a few times - so have others.

In fact I've got the graphs somewhere....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Almost all germasn cars have a litle more bhp then the factory say
because in german the pay law (dont know the name) is about the bhp and
not the cc:p

by the way love the bora nice to sse rolling on that wheels :p let it stock ehehe

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My GSI ran 213bhp on those rollers at star and thats about what it shoukd have been running with the mods i had done

on the smae day there were several standard cars (vauxhall and VW ) all ran the factory figs so i am pretty sure the figures quoted abouve are correct

1 - 17 of 17 Posts