Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmm

Well they delivered the goods.....

I ordered 2 x 18 LED 42mm festoons......i got 2 x 9 LED 42mm festoons.....so need to return them.

My missus wanted 9mm push fit bayonet ones, got them, they dont work.....

and i want to swap some 501 push fits, as i ordered both white, and "custom white"......the custom white clusters have got a single blue LED in the middle to give off a blue hue, for the sidelights i thought this would be good....

so.......

how the hell do i get in touch with this robert?

phone after a few rings goes to answer phone with no sign of a call back, emails take a couple of days for a reply......and just tried faxing him to call me reference a return.......

any hints?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doesn't sound too good mate.

I got a pretty quick response to a query I sent via my works email, but I haven't ordered the goods yet.

Having second thoughts now..........hope you get it sorted pretty quick mate.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Strange... never had a problem with them (or him) and i've ordered quite a bit on their and for others!

Hope you get it sorted![:^)]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right......

its sorted.

the geezer sounds run off his feet. and hadn't had chance to access voice mails, or emails.....fair enough if you have a busy business.

the reason the push fit bulbs for my missus didnt work is that they needed a certain type of bulb, not just a general one. something to do with polarity.....so he will swap them over......results.

and the others will be swapped too.....cool!!

so no problems afterall!

order away people!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice one mate........think I'll be placing that order now.

I'll be changing my centre courtesy light, reading lights, and vanity mirror lights. Is there anything I need to know before ordering direct replacement LED's?

Just trying to save the hassle of returning goods! [;)]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
39-42mm festoon for the centre slightly smaller for the vanity ones, and 501 fittments for the two either side of the middle......

what you see id what you get,,,,,,but go for the 18 LED festoon bulbs...... [H]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cheers mate. [;)]

Going to go and check the size of the vanity mirror ones just now.

What about rear reading lights? Are they standard replacement or totally different?

·
Registered
146 Posts
No worries.

One more daft question!!

What's the best way to remove the courtesy light unit without damaging any of the roof lining or trim? Is there a certain side you should work from first or anything like that?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you dont need to take the central unit out.......

on the windscreen side, just get your finger tips on the "lens" of the courtesy light, and gently lever that off in a downward direction........and there you go, acess to all three bulbs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Going for blue ones mate, so if you've got a set going spare I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Just PM me if you are mate and we can sort out postage & payment etc.

Cheers [:)]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well just got my blue LED's for the front courtesy light etc yesterday, and I must admit, they look really good. A really bright blue especially when they come on with the central locking opening!!

Will try and post pics asap.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there any special trick to replacing the rear interior lights by the door pillars (5dr). Just asking before I destroy them changing the bulbs.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no special trick.......

they are just VW unique fittments........

speak to shaq on here for a custom made home made replacements.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts